Monday, February 27, 2012

Uncovering the Epistle to the Hebrews Introduction

For some time now we've been sharing the revelations of the secret things Moses spoke of in Deuteronomy 29:29 where it is recorded:
“The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.” (KJV)
“The secret things belong unto Yehovah our God; but the things that are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.” (ASV)
Now in both of these translations the last word is “law” which in the Strong's Dictionary numbering is H3384 which is the root of H8451 and means: to teach, inform, instruct, and show. And law, a precept, a statute.

Now we'll turn the John's gospel chapter 12 and starting with the 33rd verse:
"This He said, signifying what death He should die. The people answered Him, “We have heard out of the law that Christ abides for ever: and how say you, The Son of man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?” Then Jesus said to them, “Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walks in darkness knows not whither he goes. While you have light, believe in the light, that you may be the children of light.” These things spoke Jesus, and departed, and did hide Himself from them."

"But though He had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on Him: That the saying of Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, “Lord, who has believed our report? and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, “He has blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.” These things said Esaias, when he saw His glory, and spoke of Him." (Isaiah 53:1, 40:10-11, 51:5, 9; 44:18-20; 6:9-10; 29:10; 42:19-20, 26:11; 53:5, 57:18-19)

"Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. Jesus cried and said, He that believes on me, believes not on me, but on Him that sent me. And he that sees me sees Him that sent me. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have
not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said to me, so I speak.
Now the words that Jesus had spoken in the hearing of the people were these also from John chapter 12 verses 23-32:
"Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say to you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit. He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify Your name. Then came there a voice from heaven, “I have both glorified and will glorify again.” The people therefore, that stood by, and heard, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all to me."

This is taken from verses 33-50, 23-32 of the KJV and is edited for ease of reading only as this does not change the text or word meanings but helps in our understanding. This is in plain language and the meaning seems understandable. Now John also wrote in chapter 1 verse 12, 14 and 17: "But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, to them that believe (John3:18, 20:31; Matthew 12:21; 1 John5:12) on His name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the
will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth......And of His fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Now with our sharing under the leading of the Holy Spirit, we've had the assistance of many fine and learned men such as the following: Watchman Nee, Andrew Murray, William Law, Les Feldick, James Fowler, Robert Hoekstra, Major Ian Thomas, F J Huegel and a host of others. We were lead to these writers because they all share a common thread of revelation. That being the purpose and perfect Will of God the Father which Paul the Apostle to the Gentiles had received from the mouth of the risen Lord, the secret that God had hidden within Him from before the foundation of the world. This secret or mystery we have been sharing as it is the foundation or ancient path which Jeremiah the Prophet in chapter 6 verses 16-19 spoke of:
Thus said the LORD, “Stand in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and you shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken. Therefore hear, you nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them. Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened to my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.”

Now in verse 16 there's hidden “the old paths...the good way” and this relates all the way back to Genesis chapters 1-3 for in them is the path found which led man in bondage to death and sin. The secret is the taking of this path backward if you will or in reverse. Where Adam fell into death (separation from God) and sin (rebellion, lawlessness and the self will of Satan's nature); we through Christ reverse this evil. How Genesis 3:15 tells us, God placed in all of us a seed of His Divine nature (spirit life) or image and likeness of God the Son. The seed that Mary received, the sperm of God spoken, the Word made flesh, when visited by the angel and given the message that she was the chosen vessel as a virgin and of the house of Judah and King David's heir. When she said, “Behold the hand maiden of the Lord, be it to me according to thy Word O Lord” At that moment the Holy Spirit impregnated her with the Living Word. This proved her willingness to do God's Will and it is in like manner that we are to submit also.

Now we'll begin the study of the Epistle to the Hebrews and though it contains no Church language or redemption and salvation plain in it. It does have five warnings which we need to have knowledge of and like the OT scriptures we can gain wisdom and divine illumination from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment