Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Revealing the secret of Christ

I was going to post an otherwise volatile message dealing with idolatry but this has for the moment been changed to the following revelation of Christ in you. As spoken of by John in 1John. Which has the heading in my NAS translation which states this "Testing the Spirit," over the intended passage. And then I will look at "the children of the world," in both I am making use of the ESV translation. There is another reason for this and it is this, there are many out there who push a faith in the blood and resurrect of Jesus, not recognizing or realizing the power and significances of our being in the blood which is not just another observation of an outward working.

Christ's indwelling of us:

1Jn 3:23-4:6 "This is His commandment, that we believe the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as He has commanded us. Whoever keeps this commandment abides in GOD, and is GOD in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets (spreading a gospel that is anti-God and therefore antichrist) have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of GOD: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh (flesh of redeemed humanity other wise known as Salvation) is from God, for every spirit that does not confess Christ is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He who is in you (the Spirit of Christ) is greater than he (and Jesus) who is (was) in the world. They are of the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. Whereas We are from God. For whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error."


Revealed by the coming of the Holy Spirit,


John 14:18-24 Jesus is speaking. "I will not leave you as orphans; I will (as Christ) come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me (the Messiah-Christ), and I in you. Whoever has My commandments (secrets and promises) and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, "Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?" Jesus answered him, "If anyone (who agrees and is in agreement through love) loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We (as Christ) will come to him and make Our home with him. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. For the word that you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me."

Demonstrates to the world Christ's Mission,


John 17:20-24, Romans 8:9-11 Jesus is speaking. "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe Me through their word, that they may all be one, just as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that these also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. The glory (blessing as Christ) that You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one even as We are One, I in them and You in Me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that You sent Me and love them even as You love Me. Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, may be with Me where I am, to see My glory that You have given Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world."

Romans 8:9-11 "You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. For anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him. For if Christ is in you, although the body is dead (to sin and) because of sin, the Spirit (our being one spirit) is Life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of Him Who raised (Christ as) Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ in Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you."


The Old life dies that the New may Live,


Galatians 2:15 "We (Paul speaking directly to Peter states this) ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the Law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ, in order to be justified by the faith of Jesus (clothed with Christ) and not by works of the Law, because by works of the Law no one will be justified. For if, in our endeavors to be justified as a Christ one, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be (to remain in the world in my iniquity as) a transgressor. For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live in God. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ Who lives in me. For the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loves me and gave Himself for me. For I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the Law, then Jesus Who became Christ died for no purpose."


Obtained by Faith,


Ephesians 3:14-19, 20-4:6 "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from Whom every family in heaven and on earth is named (Christ ones), that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to Him Who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to His power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church/family/body of Christ, introduced to us by Jesus, throughout all generations, forever and ever is the Amen. I therefore, a prisoner for the LORD, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, be eager to maintain the unity of Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one LORD, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, Who is over all and through All and in all."


The Glorious Mystery,


Colossians 1:21-23, 24-29 "For you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, He has now reconciled in His body of flesh by His death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before Him (on His day of Judgement), if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of this gospel that you hear, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of His body, that is, His church, His family of which I became a minister according to the stewardship given me from God, that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known, this mystery (secret things) hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to His saints. To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of this glory in this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. For Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all His energy that He powerfully works within me."


Obedience essential,


1John 3:23-24 "This is His commandment, that we believe the name of Christ Who was in His Son Jesus, (who housed and introduced Christ to the world), and love one another, just as He as Christ has commanded us. Whoever keeps this commandment abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit Whom He has given us."


Possible to All,


Revelation 3:15-22 The Ascended Christ is speaking. "'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. For those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door (of your heart) and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and He with me. The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also conquered and sat down with My Father on His throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment