Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Epistle to the Hebrews part CLVI

John records this in chapter 12 and verse 24 we'll start with verse 23 and we'll pick this up. But remember that time and time again Paul tells us to heed the Holy Spirit because he is repeating what the Lord Himself said "I can do nothing on My own, I only do and say what I've heard and seen of My Father doing or saying":

"And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say to you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit. He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will Father honor. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify Your name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, 'I have both glorified and will glorify again.'" Then John records that Jesus said this in verses 30-33:

"Jesus answered and said, 'This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto me.' This he said, signifying what death he should die."

Then Paul reveals in Galatians the following in chapter 2 and we'll pic up in verse 19, now remember that he is upbraiding those who want to return to the system of works under the Law:
"For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the Grace of God: for if righteousness came by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

Now don't get the word here used “law” confused with the Levitical Law, this is not that Law but is the law that was given by way of a spoken word in the form of a commandment as found in Genesis chapter 2 verses 16-17:

“And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.”

Now this is the law of lawlessness or rebellion which we've found to be sin which brought about mans separation from God or death. Jesus reveals that through death man can be restored to his rightful place with God and that it will be through His obedience to that death of mans flesh. Then Paul also reveals as seen in 1 Corinthians chapter 15 the course unto Eternal Life (the promised New Covenant) for all who would be so willing as Jesus said “If” this cup pass not from my hands be It they Will of God”. Here in is the Gospel of Grace, the “It is finished” of the cross. Man was redeemed, restored and Satan cast out from God's presence because he was defeated in the death requirement of mans flesh, which Jesus did as the son of man. Oh, there are many more scriptures that confirm this but you can get the drift of things from these. The rest will come by way of personal inspiration by the holy Spirit if we but ask it of Him.

Hebrews 6:20
"Wherefore the forerunner…"


The Lord Jesus Himself is the One Who opened it up and as most of you know when the darkness fled and Christ gave up the ghost there back in the crucifixion, what happened to the veil at the Temple? Well, it was rent in twain. Not from the bottom up where men could have done it, but from the top down, showing that it was an act of God. This is all tied together, that as He opened up the veil and we are now given access into the very throne room of God, but we do it through the teachings of the Apostle Paul who was our particular leader as a member of the human race.

Hebrews 5:9-10
"And being made perfect,
(or totally complete. He brought everything to fruition, which Peter used the word healing in 1Peter 2:24 which means the samething) he became the author (there’s that word again instead of Captain) of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Called of God, an high priest after the order of Melchisedec."



No comments:

Post a Comment