Monday, February 1, 2016

Discovering the Great and Precious Promises of GOD (Of Strength, moral and spiritual)

Our Strength of fiber is of the greatest importance to GOD. And as seen yesterday's post it comes from Grace working within our spirit. So again looking to Pastor Hoekstra's writing on Grace and then I will look at "Strength" using the ESV translation both may have some editing done by the LORD through me.

                                "Strengthened by Grace"
"Be strong in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus."  (2Timothy 2:1)

"Great Strength is necessary for living as GOD intends. The Grace of our LORD Christ Jesus is where that Strength is to be found. "Be strong in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus." Some of the specific reasons why we need Strength are listed here in the immediate context of this verse.

Part of our calling as believers and ultimately receivers of Christ's character and nature is passing on to others the biblical Truths that GOD has taught us. "And the things that you have heard from Me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2Timothy 2:2). Discipling others in GOD's Truth and Reality can be demanding and discouraging. Strength is needed. "Be strong in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus."

Another aspect of our life as disciples of Christ Jesus is functioning as spiritual soldiers, the Isr El of GOD the meaning of El. "You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ" (2Timothy 2:3). We are the LORD's warriors in a worldwide, lifelong spiritual battle. The battle has been won by our Commander, Christ Jesus. However, the enemy will not stop striking back until he is confined forever.  As Christ's soldiers, we face many hardships. Again, Strength is needed. "Be Strong in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus."

Another perspective on following Jesus is that of an athlete."And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules" (2Timothy 2:5). As it is in athletics, the Christian life requires discipline, training, and the exertion of great measures of energy. Yet again, Strength is needed. "Be Strong in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus."

One additional analogy of our life in Christ as Christ-ones is that of a farmer. "The hard-working farmer must be first to partake of the crops" (2Timothy 2:6). As with farmers, we are to sow the seed of the word upon people's hearts. We are to water the seed (spiritual revelation having ciphered GODS secrets or the mysteries opened to Paul for our understanding and all wisdom as Promised) through prayer. We are to reap a harvest of Righteousness. Farming is strenuous work. Once more, Strength is needed. "Be Strong (Be Strengthened) in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus."

How wonderful that GOD did not limit His Grace to Justification. We need it just as much for Sanctification. We need His Grace to Strengthen us for the extraordinary spiritual roles that GOD has for us as disciplers, soldiers, athletes, and farmers. For all of this the only sufficient resource is to "be Strong in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus."

Under the heading of Spirit to spiritual Power we find:

The Promise for moral and spiritual Strength:
2Samuel 22:1-3, 33-40 (We hear David proclaiming this): "David spoke to the LORD the words of this song on the day when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said, "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence.
"For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? This God is my strong refuge and has made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your gentleness made me great. You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip; I pursued my enemies and destroyed them, and did not turn back until they were consumed. I consumed them; I thrust them through, so that they did not rise; they fell under my feet. For You equipped me with strength for the battle; you made those who rise against me sink under me."


Isaiah 28:5-8, 9-12 "In that day the LORD of hosts Will be a crown of glory, and a diadem of beauty, to the remnant of His people, and a spirit of justice to Him who sits in judgment, and strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate. These also reel with wine and stagger with strong drink; the priest and the prophet reel with strong drink, they are swallowed by wine, they stagger with strong drink, they reel in vision, they stumble in giving judgment. For all tables are full of filthy vomit, with no space left.
"To whom will He teach knowledge, and to whom will He explain the message? Those who are weaned from the milk, those taken from the breast? For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little." For by people of strange lips and with a foreign tongue the LORD Will speak to this people, to whom He has said, "This is rest; give rest to the weary; and this is repose"; yet they would not hear."

Isaiah 40:27-31 "Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD, and my right is disregarded by my God"? Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting GOD, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might He increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." 

Isaiah 41: 8b-16 (remember the cipher) "I have chosen, the offspring (the celestial people) of Abraham, My friend; you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, "You are My servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off"; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your GOD; I Will Strengthen you, I Will help you, I Will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. For I, the LORD your GOD, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you." Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel! I am the one who helps you, declares the LORD; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. Behold, I make of you a threshing sledge, new, sharp, and having teeth; you shall thresh the mountains and crush them, and you shall make the hills like chaff; you shall winnow them, and the wind shall carry them away, and the tempest shall scatter them. And you shall rejoice in the LORD; in the Holy One of Israel you shall glory."


Daniel 11:29-35  "At the time appointed he shall return and come into the south, but it shall not be this time as it was before. For ships of Kittim shall come against him, and he shall be afraid and withdraw, and shall turn back and be enraged and take action against the holy covenant. He shall turn back and pay attention to those who forsake the holy covenant. Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate. He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant, but the people who know their GOD shall stand firm and take action. And the wise among the people shall make many understand, though for some days they shall stumble by sword and flame, by captivity and plunder. When they stumble, they shall receive a little help. And many shall join themselves to them with flattery, and some of the wise shall stumble, so that they may be refined, purified, and made white, until the time of the end, for it still awaits the appointed time."


Ephesians 3:8-13, 14-19, 20-21 and Colossians 1:11 "To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this Grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in GOD Who Created all things,  so that through the Church the manifold Wisdom of GOD might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. This was according to the eternal purpose that HE has realized in Christ Jesus our LORD, in Whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in Him. So I ask you not to lose heart over what I am suffering for you, which is your glory.
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father of spirits, from Whom every Family in heaven and on earth is named (the cipher), that according to the riches of His Glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in His Love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the Love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of GOD.
Now to HIM Who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to HIM be glory in HIS Church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

Colossians 1:9-15 "From the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of HIS Will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the LORD, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the Knowledge of GOD. May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of HIS beloved (our cipher) Son, in Whom we have Redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible GOD, the firstborn of all (restored) Creation."

No comments:

Post a Comment