Saturday, February 27, 2016

Discovering the Great and Precious Promises of GOD (Spiritual Health Restored to man)

In my last post I started looking at Health from GODS perspective and I will continue on from that point of view. What is sin? All forms of mans unbelief or faithlessness is SIN. That said, first a look at what Pastor Hoekstra has written concerning Grace. And then with the use again of the ESV translation I will get into the subject material. And as usual I will edit all things as the LORD the Spirit gives understanding.

                                   "Set Free by the Spirit"
"For the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death."  (Romans 8:2)

"There is a destructive spiritual tendency that resides in every human being. It is "the law of sin and death." This indwelling principle, of law, is always pulling people downward into sin and spiritual deadness. It comes from being born physically into a fallen race of sinners who are like their earthly father, Adam. Being born anew spiritually does not remove this problem, since this principle of law still operates within our natural humanity (the flesh). Yet, becoming a child of GOD does make His remedy constantly available to us.

GOD's remedy for "the law of sin and death" is a higher, more powerful principle, "the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus." This lofty principle of law involves the Holy Spirit making the Life that is in Christ Jesus our resource for living. This principle is operating in the life of any New Creature in Christ who is not walking  "according to the flesh but [is walking] according to the Spirit" (Romans 8:4). This approach to Christian living is the only one that can increasingly liberate us from the internal carnal tendencies that influence us all. Keeping this thought in mind, the LORD Christ Jesus is the thought, where the LORD in GOD Father Family Head, Christ is the anointed messenger received with our spirit giving this spirit Life and Jesus is the son of man, he second Adam, man within Whom the fullness of the Divine GOD Head dwelt. So when we receive the Spirit of Truth or of Christ we receive the fullness of the GOD Head in our bodies again as seen in Genesis 2. This is healing and healing is restoration the Promised Transformation of Jeremiah 31 and elsewhere. Brought forward in Hebrews to the New Covenant of Promise.

In fact (as we have noted previously), this is the only Hope of growing in the Godliness that the law demanded: "that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us" (Romans 8:4). Our lives can only measure up to the Holy Will of GOD when we are walking in the Spirit, because Christ is then being allowed to express His Light, Grace, Life and Truth through us. Jesus was, and is, the only one who could ever walk fully pleasing to the Father. Jesus said, "I always do those things that please HIM" (John 8:29). For a victorious Christian experience, we need this same Life of Jesus living in and through us now, by the working of the Holy Spirit. We need the higher law ("the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, the LORD") setting us free from the lower law ("the law of sin and death").

Again, what is our responsibility in this? We are to relate to the LORD in humility and faith. Humility can develop as we agree with our LORD that "the law of sin and death" characterizes our flesh (our best natural resources). Faith can be exercised as we look to our LORD to demonstrate that "the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.""

Spiritual Healing:

Psalm 41:4-9 and 143:3 "As for me, I said, "O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you!" My enemies say of me in malice (king David from here on is speaking as the Lord Jesus, over heard in a conversation with the Father of spirits), "When will He die, and His name perish?" And when one comes to see Me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers iniquity; when he goes out, he tells it abroad. All who hate Me whisper together about Me; they imagine the worst for Me. They say, "A deadly thing is poured out on Him; He will not rise again from where He lies." Even My close friend in whom I trusted, who ate My bread, has lifted his heel against Me."

Psalm 143:1-4 A Psalm of David. "Hear my prayer, O LORD; give ear to my pleas for mercy! In Your faithfulness answer me, in Your righteousness! Enter not into judgment with Your servant, for no one living is righteous before You. For the enemy has pursued my soul; he has crushed my life to the ground; he has made me sit in darkness like those long dead. Therefore my spirit faints within me; my heart within me is appalled."


Isaiah 53:4-6 and 57:18 "Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by GOD, and afflicted. But He was pierced for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His wounds we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all."

Isaiah 57:14-21 "It shall be said, "Build up, build up, prepare the way, remove every obstruction from My people's way." For thus says the One Who is high and lifted up, Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the High and Holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. For I Will not contend forever, nor will I always be angry; for the spirit would grow faint before Me, and the breath of life that I made, would fade away and cease to be. Because of the iniquity of his unjust gain I was angry, I struck him; I hid My face and was angry, but he went on backsliding in the way of his own heart. I have seen his ways, but I Will heal him; I Will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners, creating the fruit of the lips. Peace, peace, to the far and to the near," says the LORD, "and I Will heal him. But the wicked are like the tossing sea; for it cannot be quiet, and its waters toss up mire and dirt. There is no peace," says my GOD, "for the wicked.""


Jeremiah 3:19-23 and 17:14  "'I said, How I would set you among My sons, and give you a pleasant land, a heritage most beautiful of all nations. And I thought you would call Me, My Father, and would not turn from following Me. Surely, as a treacherous wife leaves her husband, so have you been treacherous to Me, O house of Israel, declares the LORD.'" A voice on the bare heights is heard, the weeping and pleading of Israel's sons because they have perverted their way; they have forgotten the LORD their God. "Return, O faithless sons; I will heal your faithlessness." "Behold, we come to You, for You are the LORD our GOD. Truly the hills are a delusion, the orgies on the mountains. Truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel."

Jeremiah 17:12-18  "A glorious throne set on High from the beginning is the place of our Sanctuary. O LORD, the hope of Israel, all who forsake You shall be put to shame; those who turn away from You shall be written in the earth, for they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living water. Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise. Behold, they say to me, "Where is the word of the LORD? Let it come!" I have not run away from being Your shepherd, nor have I desired the day of sickness. You know what comes out of my lips; it was before Your face. Be not a terror to me; You are my refuge in the day of disaster. Let those be put to shame who persecute me, but let me not be put to shame; let them be dismayed, but let me not be dismayed; bring upon them the day of disaster; destroy them with double destruction!"


Hosea 6:1-3 "Come, let us return to the LORD; for He has torn us, that He may heal us; He has struck us down, and He Will bind us up. After two days He Will revive us; on the third day He Will raise us up, that we may live before Him. Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; His going out is sure as the dawn; He Will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth."



 Luke 4:14-15, 16-30 "Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and a report about Him went out through all the surrounding country. And He taught in their synagogues, being glorified by all.
He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as was His custom, He went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and He stood up to read. And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to Him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because HE has anointed Me (made Me the Messiah and Christ of the Promised anointing) to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor." (favor, here means receive accept without question or hesitation to be healed, restored again) And He rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him. And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing." And all spoke well of Him and marveled at the gracious words that were coming from His mouth. And they said, "Is not this Joseph's son?" And He said to them, "Doubtless you will quote to Me this proverb, 'Physician, heal yourself.' What we have heard You did at Capernaum, do here in Your hometown as well." And He said, "Truly, I say to you, no prophet is acceptable in his hometown. But in truth, I tell you, there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heavens were shut up three years and six months, and a great famine came over all the land, and Elijah was sent to none of them but only to Zarephath, in the land of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow. And there were many lepers in Israel in the time of the prophet Elisha, and none of them was cleansed, but only Naaman the Syrian." When they heard these things, all in the synagogue were filled with wrath. And they rose up and drove Him out of the town and brought Him to the brow of the hill on which their town was built, so that they could throw Him down the cliff. But passing through their midst, He went away."


Revelation 22:1-3, 4-5, 6, 7 "Then the angel showed me the river of the water of Life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of GOD and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of Life (the Vine or tree as contained in the title of LORD) with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of GOD and of the Lamb will be in it, and His servants will worship Him.
They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the LORD GOD Will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.
He said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. And the LORD, the GOD of the spirits of the prophets, has sent His angel to show His servants what must soon take place."
"And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book."

No comments:

Post a Comment