Friday, September 8, 2017

Continuing with, The Seven Spirits of GOD

Todays study looks at redeemed mans responsibility in relation to GOD's Spirit of Christ restored to him, known as the "Seven Figures" in my Thomason Chain-Reference Bible. I was going to look at the old testament witnesses of the future coming of Christ in Jesus as a completion in "Seven Times," its completion took place within Proverbs 24:16, Daniel 3:19-25 and Matthew 18:21-22's explanation. But seeing as how it is completed there seems to be no need to do so here. Using the ESV translation with the LORD's help I will look at the targeted passages. All these things tie to Deuteronomy 18:15-22 and the true LORD's Prayer of John 17. At the end of this study I will add a post that I shared on my Facebook page dealing with king David's obedience of faith.


The Seven Figures, used to express Christian Influence and Responsibilities, once having entered into GOD's rest (Genesis 2:1-2) or His Salvation:

Witnesses (testimony) in Isaiah 43: 8-13, "Bring out the people who are blind, yet have eyes, who are deaf, yet have ears! All the nations gather together, and the peoples assemble. Who among them can declare this, and show us the former things? Let them bring their witnesses to prove them right, and let them hear and say, It is true. "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after Me. I, I am the LORD, and besides Me there is no savior. I declared and save and proclaim, when there was no strange god among you; and you are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "and I am GOD. Also henceforth I am He; there is none who can deliver from My hand; I work, and who can turn it back?"


Salt (a preservative) in Matthew 5: 13, (Jesus speaking) "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet."


Light (illumination or revelation) in Matthew 5: 14-16, "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good (love) works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."


Branches (bearing fruits of GOD's character) in John 15: 1-11, (Jesus is speaking) "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit HE takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit HE prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be My disciples. As the Father has loved Me, so have I love you. Abide in My love. If you keep My commandments (instructions), you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments (instructions) and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy (in peace and rest) may be in you, and that your joy may be full."


Epistles (instructions) in 2Corinthians 3: 1-3, "Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living GOD, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."


Ambassadors (personal representatives of GOD within you) in 2Corinthians 5: 20-6:10, "Therefore, we are ambassadors of Christ, God making His appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to GOD. For our sake HE made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of GOD. Working together (as in a marriage of agreement) with Him, that, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of GOD in vain. For HE says, "In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation. We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants (and stewards) of GOD we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, sleepless nights, hunger; by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love; by truthful speech, and by the power of GOD; with the weapons of righteousness for the right and for the left hand; through honor and dishonor, through slander and praise. We are treated as impostors, and yet are true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as punished, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything."


Stewards (distributers of the secret of GOD restored to indwelling man) in 1Peter 4: 1-11, "Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh (of Jesus), arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will (plain and purposes) of GOD. For the time that is past suffices for doing what the Gentiles (the unsaved, unregenerate of this world) want to do, living in sensuality, passions, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties, and lawless idolatry. With respect to this they are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery, and they malign you; but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living (those redeemed) and the (those who remain) dead (as in separation from GOD). For this is why the gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh the way people are, they might live in their spirit the way God does. The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of GOD; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that GOD supplies—in order that in everything GOD may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. The Amen."


The next three in this section have to do with all things that belong in and through Christ's revelation within us, they deal with the completion of Christ in days, years and last sayings of Christ.


Today's meditation is a strong one, so if you are one with a faintness of heart think twice before reading this.

"King David's Urging Others to Trust in the LORD God"
By Pastor Hoekstra

"Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass." (Psalm 37:3-5)


"Those who live by grace trust GOD to work in their lives. We can see David's heart to live this way, as he urges others to trust in the LORD. "Trust in the LORD . . . feed on His faithfulness . . . Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him."

GOD wants His people to be characterized by righteous goodness. Yet, David affirmed that no one does good on their own. "There is none who does good, No, not one" (Psalm 14:3). So, for anyone to do good, the LORD God must do His good work in and through their lives. Those who place their trust in the LORD find the will and the strength to do that which is pleasing in the sight of God. "Trust in the LORD, and do good." To be faithful in doing good, God's people must be nurtured by God's faithfulness. "Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness." Those who place their hope and trust in a faithfulness of GOD become increasingly faithful servants and stewards of GOD.

Of course, the work of GOD in lives is centered in the heart of man. David prayed for an undivided heart of reverential trust in the LORD. "Unite my heart to fear Your name" (Psa 86:11). Everyone who is willing to let the LORD God be the captivating joy of their inner man will have GOD Himself undertakes the planting of His godly desires within their heart. "Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall (will) give you the desires of your heart." These implanted desires are then worked outward unto godly living.

As this godliness is developing, we desire that the LORD's path in our lives would become increasingly evident. We have a growing interest in walking in the ways of the LORD. David had such a desire in his heart toward the LORD. "Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me" (Psalm 25:4-5). The LORD's Spirit teaches those who are willing to entrust their lives into His directing. "Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall (will) bring it to pass." Those who place their lives in the sovereign care of GOD enjoy the great privilege of having the LORD God almighty governing their very step that they take day by day."

Heavenly Father, I want to trust You that I might see Your goodness developing in me. I want to have You as the ultimate joy of my heart that You might have free rein to plant Your desires deep within me. I place my trust and life into Your hands that I might have You controlling my daily path, through the ascended LORD God, Christ Jesus my LORD, for this my freewill request I Thank You and say the Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment