Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Seven Spirits of GOD

Over the past few weeks I have been seeking the LORD on what to share or  look at next. The only thing so far is dealing with the seven spirits of God as seen in Revelation 4:5-7 which states this from the ESV: "From the throne came flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God, and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind: the first living creature like a lion, the second living creature like an ox, the third living creature with the face of a man, and the fourth living creature like an eagle in flight."
Upon looking into this phrase I found that the Thomson chain-reference Bible referred to two areas dealing with redeemed man, like seven attitudes of spiritual life and seven things opened to man, others just showed old testament references such as Isaiah 11:1-5 from the ESV, which states this: "There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit. The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. For His delight shall be in the fear of the LORD. He shall not judge by what His eyes see, or decide disputes by what His ears hear, but with righteousness He shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips He shall kill the wicked. Righteousness shall be the belt of His waist, and faithfulness the belt of His loins."

For this study I will call on the Thomason chain-reference and its rendering on "the seven attitudes of spiritual life" and "the things open" to redeemed man. Then if the LORD expands on these I will look a little farther as He leads, for each deals with those called of GOD as stewards and servants. From which we have this spoken by Paul in Acts 27:21-26 and Romans 1:8-15 using the ESV: "Since they had been without food for a long time, Paul stood up among them and said, "Men, you should have listened to me and not have set sail from Crete and incurred this injury and loss. Yet now I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship. For this very night there stood before me an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I worship, and he said, 'Do not be afraid, Paul; you must stand before Caesar. And behold, God has granted you all those who sail with you.' So take heart, men, for I have faith in God that it will be exactly as I have been told. But we must run aground on some island." and then this; "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I mention you always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you. For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you— that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine. I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I have often intended to come to you (but thus far have been prevented), in order that I may reap some harvest among you as well as among the rest of the Gentiles. I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome."
And this spoken of as stewards again by Paul in 1Corinthians 4:1-5 and 8-13 which states this: "This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the LORD Who judges me. Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the LORD comes, Who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God......Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! Without us you have become kings! And would that you did reign, so that we might share the rule with you! For I think that God has exhibited us apostles as last of all, like men sentenced to death, because we have become a spectacle to the world, to angels, and to men. We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are held in honor, but we in disrepute. To the present hour we hunger and thirst, we are poorly dressed and buffeted and homeless, and we labor, working with our own hands. When reviled, we bless; when persecuted, we endure; when slandered, we entreat. We have become, and are still, like the scum of the world, the refuse of all things."

From here we find the following dealing with, "seven attitudes of spiritual life:"

Lying down, for spiritual rest in Psalm 23:2.
Sitting, for instruction in Luke 10:39.
Standing, for warfare in Ephesians 6:14.
Walking, for fellowship in 1John 1:7.
Running, for progress in Hebrews 12:1.
Leaping, for ecstasy in Acts 3:8.
Mounting up, for exaltation in Isaiah 40:31.

Then for "the seven things opened:"

Hands, for benevolence in Deuteronomy 15:8.
Eyes, for vision in 2Kings 6:17.
Ears, for hearing in Psalm 40:6.
Lips, for testimony in Psalm 51:15.
Windows, for prayer in Daniel 6:10.
Hearts, for God's message in Acts 16:14.
Doors, for service in 2Corinthians 2:12.

No comments:

Post a Comment