Thursday, February 14, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", taken from Romans 9.2, the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Picking up the ball again at verse 14 of Romans 9 where we found the change from purely Israel in Isaac and Jacob to humanity's persuasion from GOD's point of view. This being accomplished by a renewed mindset by the Holy Spirit restored to humanity at the moment of resurrection as the proof of humanity's redemption that had taken place by human (flesh's) co-partnership on the Cross. The very reason and purpose of the LORD God, the living Word of Promise coming as Jesus and putting on human form. Okay, now for the rest of the story from GOD's view point.

Romans 9:14-18 "What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he saith to Moses (in Exodus 33:19), "'I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.'" So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh (in Exodus 9:16), "'Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.'" Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth." (KJV)

Romans 9:14-18 "What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For he says to Moses (in Exodus 33:19), "'I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.'" So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh (in Exodus 9:16), "'For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.'" So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills." (ESV)

Romans 9:14-18 "To say that GOD is unfair, is to miss the point. Moses saw the glory of God's goodness; he saw God's mercy and the kindness of his compassion. ( Even when Israel deserved his absence he promised them his presence. Moses saw the glory and goodness of GOD, while he hid in the cleft of the rock. [Exodus 33:18-19] Throughout Scripture the Rock represents the blue-print of humanity's original identity [ Deuteronomy 32:18, Isaiah 51:1, Matthew 16:15-18] GOD's mercy is not a reward for good behavior; it is not a wreath given to the fastest athlete. GOD employed Pharaoh as a prophetic figure to demonstrate the drama of humanity's salvation from their slavery to an inferior identity. Scripture records GOD's conversation with Pharaoh, (Exodus 9:16) "'But to show you my power working in you, I raised you up so that my Name (revealing humanity's authentic and original identity) might be declared throughout all the earth.'" (Humanity's identity is not in Pharaoh's claim or some political or religious leader's influence, but in their Maker.) The same act of mercy that he willingly bestows on everyone, may bless the one and hardened heart of others." (The Mirror)

I am so tempted to carry on but I am restrained by the Spirit not to. So the LORD willing I will pick this up again next time with verse 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment