Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", taken from Romans 10.3, 11, the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

In this posting we shall look at Israel yet again as the prototype of humanity's lost state as that is exactly where we were before the day of Jesus as GOD's Christ, or messenger of peace and restored unification rose again from humanity's place of judgment. Causing that which is a judgment, that lias ahead to be against those who willfully refuse to accept the redemption leading to salvation, of that which is theirs in Christ. This one will run into chapter 11 of Romans, I know this because I looked ahead just a moment ago.


Romans 10:18-11:6 "But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.[Psalm 19:4] But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith [in Deuteronomy 32:21], "'I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.'" But Esaias is very bold, and saith [in Isaiah 65:1], "I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. But to Israel he saith [in 65:2], "'All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.'" I say then, hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew [G4267]. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying [in 1Kings 19:10 and 14] "LORD, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life." But what saith the answer of God unto him? [in 1Kings 19:18] "'I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.'" (look at 2Corinthians 6:11-7:4) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work." (KJV)


Romans 10:18-11:6 "But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for [Psalm 19:4] "Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world." But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says [in Deuteronomy 32:21], "I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation; with a foolish nation I will make you angry." Then Isaiah is so bold as to say [in Isaiah 65:1], "'I have been found by those who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.'" But of Israel he says [in 65:2], "All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people." I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew[G4267]. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? [in 1Kings 19:10 and 14] "LORD, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life." But what is God's reply to him?[in 1Kings 19:18] "'I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.'" (look at 2Corinthians 6:11-7:4) So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace." (ESV)

Romans 10:18-11:6 "Has GOD not given humanity a fair chance to hear? Psalm 19:4 says, "His words touch the entire world like the rays of the sun; nothing is hid from its heat; yes, truly their resonance resounds in all the earth, and their voice unto the ends of the earth." I cannot understand how Israel could be so blind as to miss the Messiah in their midst. First it was Moses who predicted that GOD would provoke them to jealously with a mass of people who are the nobodies in their estimation; a seemingly senseless bunch of people will steal the show to the disgust of Israel. (The LORD saw and He said "'They have stirred me to jealousy with what is no god; they have provoked me with their idols. So I will stir them to jealousy with those who are no people; I will provoke them with a foolish nation.'" [in Deuteronomy 32:21 of 19-21 the RSV]) Then Isaiah in no uncertain terms hears GOD say, "'I was stumbled upon by them who did not even bother to seek me, I became obvious to a people who did not pursue Me [in Isaiah 65:1].'" "'Yet My hands were continually hovering over Israel in broad daylight beckoning them, while their [1, G544] unbelief and negative and [2, G483] contradictory conversation caused them to blatantly ignore Me [in Isaiah 65:2].'" (The word, [1, G544, from G545] apetheo, (apathy) means refusal to believe; and [2, G483, from G473 and G3004] antilego, means contradictory conversation, from G473 meaning anti.) I want to make it clear that I am not saying that GOD rejected israel, my onw life bears witness to that, and I am as Jewish as you can get; you can trace me back to Benjamin and Abraham. GOD did not push his people aside; his reference is his knowledge of them before they rejected him. Scripture accounts where GOD has abundant reason to abandon Israel. Elijah hits out against them and lists their sins to persuade GOD to utterly cast them off [G4267]. ([G4267] proginosko - to know in advance, foreknew.) "LORD, they butchered your Prophets, and undermined your provision through the sacrificial altar; I am the only one left and scared to death." (1Kings 19:14) Yet GOD answers him in a completely different tone, "'You are counting wrong, you are not alone; I have seven times a thousand on reserve who have not bowed the knee to Baal. They have not exchanged Me for a foreign owner.'" (Seven times a thousand refers to an innumerable amount and not to an exact 7000 people. The Hebrew word "Baal" means owner, husband or master. [1Kings 19:18]) Thus even in today's context, GOD's original word of grace has preserved a remnant of much larger proportion than what we can number. [look at 2Corinthians 6:11-7:4](The word, ekloge, is from ek, a preposition denoting source or origin, +logos, a word or logic, thus translated as the "original word." Tradition this is translated as "election." ) Grace cannot suggest debt or obligation at the same time. The word grace can only mean what it says. The same argument goes for humanity's good works; if salvation or any advantage for that matter is to be obtained according to prescribed regulations of conduct, then that's it! No amount of grace can change the rules! Grace means grace and work means work." (The Mirror)

This has been an interesting mine field to go through but go through we must. There remains more ahead and the LORD willing we shall do His best to get us through what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment