Monday, January 16, 2023

The Truth that sets all of Humanity Free part 8.03

     Again in the wee hours of this morning I hear not one but two words and they are the first is "sovereign" the second is "liberty." An again I shall draw from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary: "Sovereign": Noun: 1a. one possessing or held to possess supreme power or sovereignty, 1b. one that exercises supreme authority within a limited sphere, 1c. an acknowledged leader: ARBITER; Definition 2a. possessed of supreme power // ruler 2b. unlimited in extent: ABSOLUTE; 2c. enjoying autonomy: INDEPENDENT; 3. relating to, characteristic of, or befitting a supreme ruler: ROYAL....sovereign right. Synonyms & Antonyms: Synonyms: Noun, autocrat, monarch, potentate, ruler; Synonym: Adjective: central, chief, first, foremost, greatest, highest, key, master, number one, principle, primary, supreme; Antonyms: Adjective: dependent, non-autonomous, non-self-governing, subject, un-free.

Now for a side look at: Sovereignty: Noun // variants: or less commonly sovranty, plural sovereignties also sovranties; Definition: 1.a. :supreme power especially over a body politic, b. :freedom from external control: AUTONOMY; c. :controlling influence; 2. :one that is sovereign // especially: an autonomous state; 3. obsolete: supreme excellence or an example of.

Now for the second word "Liberty:" Noun: plural liberties; Definition: 1. the quality or state of being free: a. the power to do as one pleases; b. freedom from physical restraint; c. freedom from arbitrary or despotic control; d. the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges; e. the power of choice; 2. a. a right or immunity enjoyed by prescription or by grant: PRIVILEGE; 2. b. permission especially to go freely within specified limits // was given the liberty of the house; 3. :an action going beyond normal limits: such as a. a breach of etiquette or propriety: FAMILIARITY //took foolish liberties with his health; b. :RISK, CHANCE // took liberties in the way he played the game; d. :a distortion of fact // The movie takes many liberties with the actual events.; 4. :a short authorized absence from naval duty usually for less than 48 hours; at liberty, 1. :FREE; 2. :at leisure: UNOCCUPIED; Synonyms & Antonyms; Synonyms: choice, discretion, election, option, pick, preference, selection, volition, way; Antonyms: dependence, heteronomy, subjection, unfreedom; Examples: //a nation that values liberty and democracy; //soldiers willing to die in defense of liberty; //They gave him the liberty to handle the problem himself; //hard-won liberties such as freedom of the press. History and Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French liberte', from Latin libertat-, libertas, from liber free.

     Okay, now for our look at John 14 but we have to include the last three verse of 13 at verse 36 to 14:7, so here goes, an again see if you can recognize any our terms above within the context that follows. John 13:36-14:4, 5-7, 8-14, 15-17, 18-24, 25-31 "Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going? Jesus answered with, 'Where I go, you cannot followed Me now; But you shall follow Me afterwards.' Peter then said, "Lord, why cannot I follow You now? I will lay down my life for You!" Jesus answered with, 'Will you lay down your life for My sake? Of a Truth, I say to you, The cock shall not crow, till you have denied Me three times. Let not your heart be troubled: you believe GOD (The preposition eis, means a point reached as a conclusion), believe Me also. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; That where I am, there you may be also. and where I go you know, and the way you know."

John 14:5-7, "Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we know not where You go; And how can we know the way?" Jesus answered with, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me. If you had known Me, you should have known My Father also: and from henceforth you know Him, and have seen Him.'

John 14:8-14, "Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffices us. Jesus answered with, 'Have I been so long with you and yet you know Me not, Philip? He that has seen Me has seem the Father; And how ask you then, "Show us the Father?" Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The word that I speak to you I speak not of Myself: but the Father that dwells in Me, He does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me (this speaking of Genesis 1:26-28's secret/mystery): for the Father that dwells in Me, He does the works' sake. (Jesus did not come to persuade the Father about us, He came to persuade us about Father. There is noting in the incarnate Word that is in conflict with Who GOD is!  John 1:1-3, 'If you underestimate Me, you underestimate My Father - and you underestimate you!' ) Truly, I say to you, he that believes Me, the works that I do shall he do also; And greater works than these shall he do; Be because I go to My Father. And whatsoever you shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it.'"

John 14:15-17, 'If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide within you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him; but you know Him; For He dwells with you, and shall be in you.'

John 14:18-24, "'I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world sees Me no more; But you see Me: because I live, you shall live also. At that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He that has My commandments, and keeps them, he itis that loves Me: and he that Loves me shall be Loved of My Father, and I will Love him, and will manifest Myself to him.' Judas said to Him, "Not Iscariot, Lord, how it is that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?" Jesus answered in this fashion, 'If a man loves Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our abode within him. He that loves Me not keeps not My sayings: and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me.'"

John 14:25-31, "'These things have I spoken to you, being yet present with you. For the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard how I said to you, I go away, and come again to you. If you love Me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go to Father: for My Father is greater than I. and now I have told you before it comes to pass, that, when it is come to pass, you might believe. Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in Me. That the world may know that I love the Father; And as the Father gave Me commandment, even so I do. arise, let us go.'"

Did you find the two words given first within the context of this chapter? How about our own identities of total and complete at Oneness, also seen within this chapter. In our next visit the LORD willing we shall look at chapter 15 of John.

No comments:

Post a Comment