Thursday, March 24, 2016

Discovering the Great and Precious Promises of GOD (GODS Care for Widows and Fatherless)

I am stepping into and area the has been abused by some who have learned how to manipulate the worlds churches and societies to their advantage. But here is the thing most of them are not in the religion of GODS care. As we shall see as I progress on with the text. But before doing so I will again call on the writings of Pastor Hoekstra and his dealings of Grace. And then use the ESV translation and if or when the LORD interjects some insight I will break in with an editing comment.

              "Still More on the Resurrection and Sanctification"
"That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."  (Philippians 3:10-11)

"As we are getting to know our GOD of Resurrection (by learning about and then partaking of His resurrection power, Christ's sufferings, and conformity to His death), our lives are being changed. We are attaining to "the resurrection from the dead."

This phrase brings to mind the final resurrection of the redeemed in the last day. "When you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind. And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you; for you shall be repaid at the resurrection of the just" (Luke 14:13-14). Yet, the final resurrection cannot be in view in our meditation verses. The overall teaching of the scriptures would lead to this conclusion. One's place in the final resurrection is determined by one's relationship to GOD. That issue is settled through exercising of saving faith in Jesus Christ. Those who trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior have a part in the last resurrection, unto eternal life.

Furthermore, the immediate context of Paul's statement indicates that attaining to "the resurrection from the dead" was something he was reaching out for now, hoping to grow into it increasingly during this life. "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me" (Philippians 3:12). Paul confesses that he had not fully gained the type of resurrection about which he is writing. Yet, the final resurrection was already his expectation, through justifying faith in Jesus. So, Paul is pressing on for something else.

Earlier, the Apostle had revealed what He was seeking after. "I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ" (Philippians 3:8, 10). This is why Paul wrote, "that I may know Him." This was the one passion of his life. "Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do" (Philippians 3:13). The one thing that Paul was aiming at was a growing acquaintanceship with his resurrected LORD. He desired to know His risen LORD so well that he might attain to "the resurrection from the dead." He wanted his developing relationship with the risen Christ to produce a resurrected lifestyle in him. He wanted to face each situation of life with a heavenly, resurrected perspective and attitude, a way of life completely different from the dead and dying world all around him."


GODS Care for the Widows and Fatherless:

Exodus 22:21-24 and Deuteronomy 14:29 "You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt. You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to Me, I will surely hear their cry, and My wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless."

Deuteronomy 14:28-29 "At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do."


Deuteronomy 24:17-18 "You shall not pervert the justice due to the sojourner or to the fatherless, or take a widow's garment in pledge, but you shall remember that you were a slave in Egypt and the LORD your God redeemed you from there; therefore I command you to do this."

Deuteronomy 26:12-15 "When you have finished paying all the tithe of your produce in the third year, which is the year of tithing, giving it to the Levite, the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your towns and be filled, then you shall say before the LORD your God, 'I have removed the sacred portion out of my house, and moreover, I have given it to the Levite, the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, according to all Your commandment that You have commanded me. I have not transgressed any of Your commandments, nor have I forgotten them.
I have not eaten of the tithe while I was mourning, or removed any of it while I was unclean, or offered any of it to the dead. I have obeyed the voice of the LORD my God. I have done according to all that You have commanded me. Look down from Your Holy habitation, from heaven, and bless Your people Israel and the ground that You have given us, as You swore to our fathers, a land flowing with milk and honey.'"

Proverbs 23:10-12 "Do not move an ancient landmark or enter the fields of the fatherless, for their Redeemer is strong; HE will plead their cause against you. Apply your heart to instruction and your ear to words of knowledge."

James 1:26-27 "If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment