Friday, March 3, 2017

Continuing with Sheep not of this fold

This next section picks up with Jesus telling us that He is the Vine or the Tree of Life would be another way of expressing this. He chose Vine because of the farming and agricultural area that He and His followers were in. Then He explains our relationship with the world of evil and darkness that we live in and have come out of when we have received His revelation within. And if you do not remember the word LORD, it means Master, Father, Husband, Husbandman and Vine and we can also include Christ and do Him no harm. One other thing through most of the early parts of the Old Testament the LORD reveals His many hats or titles of mans required resources, of healer, needs provider, our peace and a host of others. We willingly loose all self importance. Now chapter 15 of John's synoptic gospel and making use of the ESV translation.


Jesus the true Vine and those who are His the branches


John 15:1-11, 12-17 "I Am the true Vine, and My Father is the vinedresser (husbandman). Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit HE takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit HE prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I Am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me he (remains satan's slave and) is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in Me, and My words (in My Will) abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be My disciples (students as He is our teacher or Master as a college or university prophesier). As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Abide in My love. If you keep My commandments (charge or injunction), you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's (charge and injunction) commandments and abide in His Love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command (of separation, enjoinment to) you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I have chosen you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father through Me, HE may give it to you. These things I command (directed) you, so that you will love one another."


Our relationship to be Hatred of the world


John 15:18-27 "If the world hates you, know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, for I chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of My name, because they do not know Him (the SPIRIT) Who sent Me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever (remains a slave to sin) hates Me, hates My Father also (implying Their undivided Oneness). If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both Me and My Father. For the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: 'They hated Me without a cause.' (in Psalm 35:19, 69:4) "But when the Helper comes, Whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth, Who proceeds from the Father, HE will bear witness about Me. And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning (Genesis 1 and 2 with John 1)."

No comments:

Post a Comment