Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 19.04a Lawlessnesses mystery, Satanic Wiles, covenant breakers

Our next subject deals with our becoming "covenant breakers." Now like unbelief and unfaithfulness are an every day reality in the religious world of desperation of mankind, covenant breaking is also a possibility that requires a steadfast filling of the Spirit of GOD in us. For it is the living active church of GOD that holds the destroyer at bay especially in these days of his grouse darkness now at work in the sons of his deception.

Covenant-breakers,
(Leviticus 26:15 of 14-20 "'But if you will not listen to Me and will not do all these commandments, if you spurn My statutes, and if your soul abhors My rules, so that you will not do all My commandments, but break My covenant, then I will do this to you: I will visit you with panic, with wasting disease and fever that consume the eyes and make the heart ache. And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. I will set My face against you, and you shall be struck down before your enemies. Those who hate you shall rule over you, and you shall flee when none pursues you. And if in spite of this you will not listen to Me, then I will discipline you again seven-fold for your sins, and I will break the pride of your power, and I will make your heavens like iron and your earth like bronze. And your strength shall be spent in vain, for your land shall not yield its increase, and the trees of the land shall not yield their fruit.'"

Psalm 55:20 of 16-21 "But I call to GOD, and the LORD will save me. Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and HE hears my voice. HE redeems my soul in safety from the battle that I wage, for many are arrayed against me. GOD will give ear and humble them, HE who is enthroned from of old---- Selah. Because they do not change and do not fear GOD. My companion stretched out his hand against his friends; he violated (profaned) his covenant. His speech was smooth as butter, yet war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords.")


Isaiah 24:5 of 1-6; 33:8 "Behold, the LORD will empty the earth and make it desolate, and HE will twist its surface and scatter its inhabitants. And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the slave, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the creditor, so with the debtor. The earth shall be utterly empty and utterly plundered; for the LORD has spoken this word. The earth mourns and withers; the world languishes and withers; the highest people of the earth languish. The earth lies defiled under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse devours the earth, and its inhabitants suffer for their guilt; therefore the inhabitants of the earth are scorched, and few men are left."

Isaiah 33:8 of 1-12 "Ah, you destroyer, who yourself have not been destroyed, you traitor, whom none has betrayed! When you have ceased to destroy, you will be destroyed; and when you have finished betraying, they will betray you. O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for You. Be our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble. At the tumultuous noise peoples flee; when You lift Yourself up, nations are scattered, and Your spoil is gathered as the caterpillar gathers; as locusts leap, it is leapt upon. The LORD is exalted, for HE dwells on high; HE will fill Zion with justice and righteousness, and HE will be the stability (faithfulness) of your times, abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is Zion's treasure. Behold, their heroes cry in the streets; the envoys of peace weep bitterly. The highways lie waste; the traveler ceases. Covenants are broken; cities are despised; there is no regard for man. The land mourns and languishes; Lebanon is confounded and withers away; Sharon is like a desert, and Bashan and Carmel shake off their leaves. 'Now I will arise,' says the LORD, 'now I will lift Myself up; now I will be exalted. You conceive chaff; you give birth to stubble; your breath is a fire that will consume you. And the peoples will be as if burned to lime, like thorns cut down, that are burned in the fire.'"


Jeremiah 11:10 of 9-13 "Again the LORD said to me, 'A conspiracy exists among the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. They have turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, who refused to hear My words. They have gone after other gods to serve them. The house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken My covenant that I made with their fathers.' Therefore, thus says the LORD, 'Behold, I am bringing disaster upon them that they cannot escape. Though they cry to Me, I will not listen to them. Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry to the gods to whom they make offerings, but they cannot save them in the time of their trouble. For your gods have become as many as your cities, O Judah, and as many as the streets of Jerusalem are the altars you have set up to shame, altars to make offerings to Baal.'"


Jeremiah 22:9 of 8-9; Ezekiel 17:19 (the LORD says) "'And many nations will pass by this city, and every man will say to his neighbor, "Why has the LORD dealt thus with this great city?" And they will answer, "Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD their God and worshiped other gods and served them."'"

Ezekiel 17:19 of 11-21 "Then the word of the LORD came to me: 'Say now to the rebellious house, Do you not know what these things mean? Tell them, behold, the king of Babylon came to Jerusalem, and took her king and her princes and brought them to him to Babylon. And he took one of the royal offspring and made a covenant with him, putting him under oath (the chief men of the land he had taken away), that the kingdom might be humble and not lift itself up, and keep his covenant that it might stand. But he rebelled against him by sending his ambassadors to Egypt, that they might give him horses and a large army. Will he thrive? Can one escape who does such things? Can he break the covenant and yet escape? 'As I live,' declares the LORD GOD, surely in the place where the king dwells who made him king, whose oath he despised, and whose covenant with him he broke, in Babylon he shall die. Pharaoh with his mighty army and great company will not help him in war, when mounds are cast up and siege walls built to cut off many lives. He despised the oath in breaking the covenant, and behold, he gave his hand and did all these things; he shall not escape.' Therefore thus says the LORD GOD: 'As I live, surely it is My oath that he despised, and My covenant that he broke. I will return it upon his head. I will spread My net over him, and he shall be taken in My snare, and I will bring him to Babylon and enter into judgment with him there for the treachery he has committed against Me. And all the pick of his troops shall fall by the sword, and the survivors shall be scattered to every wind, and you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken.'"


Romans 1:31-32 of 26-27, 28-32; Hebrews 8:9 "For this reason GOD gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge GOD, GOD gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of GOD, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they knowing God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them."

Hebrews 8:9 of 1-13 "Now the point in what we are saying is this: we have such a high priest, one who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, a minister in the holy places, in the true tent that the LORD set up, not man. For every high priest is appointed to offer gifts and sacrifices; thus it is necessary for this priest also to have something to offer. Now if HE were on earth, HE would not be a priest at all, since there are priests who offer gifts according to the law.  They serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things. For when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by GOD, saying, "'See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain.'" But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant HE mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. For HE finding fault with them when HE says (by Jeremiah in 31:31-32; Exodus 19:5, 24:6-8; Deuteronomy 5:2-3): "'Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 31:33) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (Jeremiah 31:34; Isiah 54:13) And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. (Isaiah 43:25; Jeremiah 31:34) For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.'" In speaking of a new covenant, HE makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away."

No comments:

Post a Comment