Monday, June 18, 2012

The Epistle to the Hebrews part XCVIII

Psalms 139:4
"For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, that you know it altogether."
There is not a word that God isn’t aware of. That’s quite something isn’t it?

Psalms 139:5
"You have beset me behind and before, and laid your hand upon me."


Now verse 6, and this is almost a repetition of what we said earlier. That we cannot humanly begin to comprehend some of these tremendous truths. Now look what David said.


Psalms 139:6-7
"Such knowledge (what knowledge? That he is an individual in God’s sight and that God knows everything about him, the individual, such knowledge) is too wonderful for me;
(it’s beyond our natural understanding, it is too wonderful for me) it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Wherever shall I go from your spirit? (or where) shall I flee from your presence?"

What does that tell a believer? You’d better be careful where you go. Because you see, no matter where we go, God is there within us. We can’t check Him at the door, because He’s with us every place we go. Alright now verse 8.


Psalms 139-8
"If
(now that’s a conditional word, doesn’t say that he does, but if it were possible) I could ascend up into heaven, you are there: (well that’s not too hard to comprehend) if I make my bed in hell, behold, you are there."

Now we want to remember, David is writing from the Old Testament perspective and Hell was that place of the departed and was separated into two sides, Paradise and Torment, as we see in Luke 16, with the story of the rich man and Lazarus. We're quite sure that David isn’t putting himself in Torment. So when he went down into the Paradise of Hell of the Old Testament economy, God was there. Now verse 9.


Psalms 139:9-10
"If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall your hand lead me, and your right hand shall hold me."


What does that tell us? There’s not a place on this earth where we could go beyond the Spirit of God in you. Not a place. Now verse 11.

Psalms 139:11
"If I say, surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me."
In other words, darkness doesn’t stop God. The thickest, darkest night doesn’t keep God from seeing. He knows everything, and sees everything. Now verse 12


Psalms 139:12
"Yes, the darkness hides not from you; but the night shines as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee."
So darkness doesn’t make any difference to God. Now verse 13.

Psalms 139:13
"For you have possessed my reins;
(in other words, the desires of his life) you have covered me (where?) in my mother’s womb."
What does that tell the abortionists? When does God pick up interest in us as an individual? In our mother’s womb! No, in the eons of the past before the foundation of the world was laid. Paul says that God saved me by His Grace, from where? From his mother’s womb, no before then. Alright reading on.

Psalms 139:14a
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;…"

Well now, in our age of technology and information the average person probably knows more about the physiology of our bodies than MD’s did a century ago. And the more we learn, and the more we understand, the more we realize how complex this body really is. Just beyond human comprehension of how complex it is and yet God is aware of every little detail. Now verse 15.


Psalms 139:15-16
"My substance was not hid from you, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth." Your eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in your book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."
In other words, God knew the end from the beginning before the beginning ever started. Now verse 17.





No comments:

Post a Comment