Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ephesians Lesson 28 of 39 part 7

Romans 3:9a
"What then? are we (Jews) better than they? (Gentiles)
Back before Paul came along, what would the answer have been? Absolutely! Because beginning with Israel’s experience in Egypt, what did God tell the Hebrews? “I have put a division between you and the Egyptians, and never again will you be like the rest of the world around you.” (paraphrased) So they went through those 1500 years or so, with that mentality? That they were a favored people, a set apart people and they were. Do not ever take that away from them, but now with Paul and the Age of Grace, the Church Age, they have lost that place of privilege, and Paul can say, "there is no difference." Before reading on we will look at Hosea 12 because in it is found an interesting statement beginning at verse 9 it states this: “I...the Lord they God....I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes (H1819, parables, to perceive something as something else, to resemble), by the ministry of the prophets.” This is why we maintain that when we hear or read God's word we must first ask the Spirit of Truth to reveal to us, as with a clear eye, a clear mind, what His meaning is. And this is more so when we are reading any word of prophecy, because if we take it one, out of context we are in error, two, if we take it literally we are in error, and three, if we assume that we know and understand we are in error. For we do nothing but deceive our selves and if we are in a place of a teacher or pastor we will lead others blindly. This is most humbling and I for one believe it is meant to be so.

Hebrews chapter 10 and verse 25. Beginning with verse 21:

Hebrews 10:21-33
And having an High Priest over the House of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke to love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is*; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin willfully after that we have received the Knowledge of the Truth (the knowledge of Christ and the One Body), there remains no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant**, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite unto the Spirit of Grace? For we know Him that has said, Vengeance belongeth to Me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge His people ***. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God. But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions (the pressure to return to their Jewish roots); Partly, while ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, while ye became companions of them that were so used.”
*many have made religion and the assembling together a habit, such as Israel's feast's and other holidays. **the understanding of this Gospel of Grace which carries and supports the New Covenant by the same name inaugurated by Jesus in the Last Supper. ***now understand that the writer is addressing Jewish believers in the Messiah, for He no longer called Israel His people. 

Remember what God told Moses in Deuteronomy chapter 31:
Deuteronomy 31:16
And the LORD said to Moses, Behold, thou shall sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake Me, and break My covenant which I have made with them.” This is in plan language.

Now hear what the Spirit is saying through the Prophet, David:
Psalm 81:8, 11, 13 “Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto me;.....But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me....Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!”  
Then we find in Isaiah:

Isaiah 1:3, 3:12, 5:13,
The ox knows his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.......As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths......Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honorable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst."
Now here is the heavy one again from Isaiah:

Isaiah 63:6
And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.”
Jeremiah says this:

Jeremiah 8:21, 13:10, 15:1
For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment has taken hold on me......This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.....Then said the LORD to me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my mind could not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth.
Hear what the Prophet Ezekiel says:

Ezekiel 36:20
And when they entered to the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.”  
Then hear the Prophet Hosea:

Hosea 1:9
Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God. Now hear the Prophet Micah:

Micah 6:3
O my people, what have I done unto thee? and wherein have I wearied thee? testify against me.”  
And finally from Malachi:

Malachi 2:9
Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.”
God is in deed long suffering and patient with mans ignorance...lack of understanding. Returning to Romans chapter 3.   

No comments:

Post a Comment