Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 16.13 marriage and the church, our witness refused

In many passages of our study there have been words of warning about not accepting the words of the LORD as we have seen in Deuteronomy 18:18-20 of 15-22. And it is for that reason if none other that I will look at mans refusal of the call and a warning to the wicked in this post.

Refused by Men, the Call Refused,

Psalm 81:11 of 11-16 with Proverbs 1:24 "'For My people did not listen to My voice; (natural, fleshly) Israel would not submit to Me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts, to follow their own counsels. Oh, that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways! I would soon subdue their enemies and turn My hand against their foes. Those who hate the LORD would cringe (in their pretense of obedience) toward Him, and their fate (punishment) would last forever. For He would feed you with the finest of the wheat, and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.'"

Proverbs 1:24 of 20-33 "Wisdom cries aloud in the street, in the markets she raises her voice; at the head of the noisy streets she cries out; at the entrance of the city gates she speaks: "How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge? If you turn at My reproof, behold, I will pour out My spirit to you; I will make My words known to you. Because I have called and you refused to listen, have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded, because you have ignored all My counsel and would have none of My reproof, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you, when terror strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you. Then they will call upon Me, but I will not answer; they will seek Me diligently but will not find Me. Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear (no reverence) of the LORD, would have none of My counsel and despised all My reproof, therefore they will eat the fruit of their way, and have their fill of their own devices. For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them; but whoever listens to Me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster."  

Isaiah 65:12 of 8-12 with 66:4 "Thus says the LORD: 'As the new wine is found in the cluster, and they say, "Do not destroy it, for there is a blessing in it," so I will do for My servants' sake, and not destroy them all. I will bring forth offspring from Jacob, and from Judah possessors of My mountains; My chosen will possess it, and My servants will dwell there. Sharon will become a pasture for flocks, and the Valley of Achor a place for herds to lie down, for My people who have sought Me. But you who forsake the LORD, who forget My holy mountain, who set a table for Fortune and fill cups of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you to the sword, and all of you will bow down to the slaughter, because, when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my eyes and chose what I did not delight in.'"

Isaiah 66:4 of 3-6 "'He who slaughters an ox is like one who kills a man; he who sacrifices a lamb, like one who breaks a dog's neck; he who presents a grain offering, like one who offers pig's blood; he who makes a memorial offering of frankincense, like one who blesses an idol. These have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations; I also will choose harsh treatment for them and bring their fears upon them, because when I called, no one answered, when I spoke, they did not listen; but they did what was evil in My eyes and chose that in which I did not delight. Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at His word: Your brothers who hate you and cast you out for My name's sake have said, "Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy;" but it is they who will be put to shame. The sound of an uproar from the city! A sound from the temple! The sound of the LORD, rendering recompense to His enemies!'"





Jeremiah 7:13 of 12-15 "'Go now to My place that was in Shiloh, where I made My name dwell at first, and see what I did to it because of the evil of My people Israel. And now, because you have done all these things, declares the LORD, and when I spoke to you persistently you did not listen, and when I called you, you did not answer, therefore I will do to the house that is called by My name, and in which you trust, and to the place that I gave to you and to your fathers, as I did to Shiloh. And I will cast you out of My sight, as I cast out all your kinsmen, all the offspring of Ephraim."





Hosea 9:17 of 15-17 "Every evil of theirs is in Gilgal; there I began to hate them. Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house. I will love them no more; all their princes are rebels. Ephraim is stricken; their root is dried up; they will bear no fruit. Even though they give birth, I will put their beloved children to death. My God will reject them because they have not listened to Him; they will be wanderers among the nations."

Matthew 22:3 of 1-10 "Again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son, and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding feast, but they would not come. Again he sent other servants, saying, "Tell those who are invited, See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast." But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business, while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them. The king was angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.(Daniel 9) Then he said to his servants, "The wedding feast is ready, but those invited were not worthy. Go therefore to the main roads and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find." And those servants went out into the roads and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good. So the wedding hall was filled with guests.'"

John 5:40 of 30, 31-47 (Jesus is speaking) "'I can do nothing on My own. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I seek not My own will but the will of Him Who sent Me.' (Deuteronomy 18:15-22)
If I alone bear witness about Myself, My testimony is not true. There is another (the Holy Spirit) who bears witness about Me, and I know that the testimony that He bears about Me is true.

Witness of John,
You sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth. Not that the testimony that I receive is from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved. He was a burning and shining lamp, and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light.

Witness of Works,
But the testimony that I have is greater than that of John. For the works that the Father has given Me to accomplish, the very works that I am doing, bear witness about Me that the Father has sent Me.




Witness of the Father,
The Father who sent Me has Himself borne witness about Me. His voice you have never heard, His form you have never seen, and you do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one Whom HE has sent.

Witness of the Scripture,
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about Me, yet you refuse to come to Me that you may have life. I do not receive glory from people. For I know that you do not have the love of God within you. I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only GOD? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me. For if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?'"

Romans 10:21 of 18-21 "But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have (in Psalm 19:4), for "Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world." But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says (in Deuteronomy 32:21), "I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation; with a foolish nation I will make you angry." Then Isaiah (in Isaiah 65:1) is so bold as to say, "I have been found by those who did not seek Me; I have shown Myself to those who did not ask for Me." But of Israel He says (in Isaiah 65:2), "All day long I have held out My hands to a disobedient and contrary people."  

The Warning, the Duty of Giving, warn the wicked,

2Chronicles 19:10 of 8-11 "Moreover, in Jerusalem Jehoshaphat appointed certain Levites and priests and heads of families of Israel, to give judgment for the LORD and to decide disputed cases. They had their seat at Jerusalem. And he charged them: "Thus you shall do in the fear of the LORD, in faithfulness, and with your whole heart: whenever a case comes to you from your brothers who live in their cities, concerning bloodshed, law or commandment, statutes or rules, then you shall warn them, that they may not incur guilt before the LORD and wrath may not come upon you and your brothers. Thus you shall do, and you will not incur guilt. And behold, Amariah the chief priest is over you in all matters of the LORD; and Zebadiah the son of Ishmael, the governor of the house of Judah, in all the king's matters, and the Levites will serve you as officers. Deal courageously, and may the LORD be with the upright!"

Isaiah 58:1 of 1-12 "'Cry aloud; do not hold back; lift up your voice like a trumpet; declare to My people their transgression, to the house of Jacob their sins. Yet they seek Me daily and delight to know My ways, as if they were a nation that did righteousness and did not forsake the judgment of their God; they ask of Me righteous judgments; they delight to draw near to God. "Why have we fasted, and You see it not? Why have we humbled ourselves, and You take no knowledge of it? Behold, in the day of your fast you seek your own pleasure, and oppress all your workers. Behold, you fast only to quarrel and to fight and to hit with a wicked fist. Fasting like yours this day will not make your voice to be heard on high. Is such the fast that I choose, a day for a person to humble himself? Is it to bow down his head like a reed, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? Will you call this a fast, and a day acceptable to the LORD?" 'Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing will spring up speedily; your righteousness will go before you; the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.' If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then will your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you will be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. And your ancient ruins will be rebuilt; you will raise up the foundations of many generations; you will be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of streets to dwell in.'"


Ezekiel 3:18 of 16-21 "At the end of seven days, the word of the LORD came to me: 'Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from My mouth, you will give them warning from Me. If I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. For if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he will die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. Again, if a righteous person turns from his righteousness and commits injustice, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he will die. Because you have not warned him, he will die for his sin, and his righteous deeds that he has done will not be remembered, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the righteous person not to sin, and he does not sin, he will surely live, because he took warning, and you will have delivered your soul.'"

Ezekiel 33:9 of 1-9 "The word of the LORD came to me: 'Son of man, speak to your people and say to them, If I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from among them, and make him their watchman, and if he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then if anyone who hears the sound of the trumpet does not take warning, and the sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be upon his own head. He heard the sound of the trumpet and did not take warning; his blood will be upon himself. But if he had taken warning, he would have saved his life. But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, so that the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any one of them, that person is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand. So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from My mouth, you will give them warning from Me. If I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you will surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked person will die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person will die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul."

1Thessalonians 5:14 of 12-22 "We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the LORD and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of GOD in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment