Saturday, July 14, 2018

Post, The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 3, False Trusts .9a

In our last posting we looked at "Self-Will," in this one we will look into it's little sister Stubbornness and the warning against such and then some examples of her character and nature. And then the LORD will we will look into "Spiritual Rebellion."

Stubbornness,

Warnings against,

Psalm 32:9 of 8-11 "'I (the LORD God by My Spirit) will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eyes upon you. Only Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you. Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in Me the LORD. Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all of you upright in heart!'"


Psalm 78:8 of 5-8 "'I established a testimony in Jacob and appointed a law in Israel, which I commanded their fathers to teach to their children, that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in the LORD God and not forget the works of GOD, but keep His commandments; that they should not be like their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation, a generation whose heart was not steadfast, whose spirit was not faithful to GOD.'"


Isaiah 46:12 of 8-11, 12-13 "'Remember this and stand firm, recall it to mind, you transgressors, remember the former things of old; for I am GOD, and there is no other; I am GOD, and there is none like Me, I declare the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all My purpose,' calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of My counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it.'
'Listen to Me, you stubborn of heart, you who are far from My righteousness: I bring near My righteousness; it is not far off, and My salvation will not delay; I will put salvation in Zion, for My Israel is My glory.'"


Isaiah 48:4 of 1-11 "'Hear this, O house of Jacob, who are called by the name of Israel, and who came from the waters of Judah, who swear by the name of the LORD and confess the GOD of Israel, but not in truth or right. For they call themselves after the holy city, and stay themselves on the God of Israel; the LORD of hosts is My name. 'The former things I declared of old; they went out from My mouth, and I announced them; then suddenly I did them, and they came to pass. Because I know that you are obstinate, and your neck is an iron sinew and your forehead brass, I declared them to you from of old, before they came to pass I announced them to you, lest you should say, "My idol did them, my carved image and my metal image and my religion commanded them. You have heard; now see all this; and will you not declare it? From this time forth I announce to you new things, hidden things that you have not known. They are created now, not long ago; before today you have never heard of them, lest you should say, "Behold, I knew them." You have never heard, you have never known, from of old your ear has not been opened. For I knew that you would surely deal treacherously, and that from before your birth you were called a rebel. For My hidden name's sake I deferred My anger, for the sake of My praise I restrained it form you, that I may not cut you off. Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction. For My own sake, for My own sake, I do it, for how should My name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.'"


Malachi 2:2 of 1-9 "'And now, O priests, this command is for you. If you will not listen, if you will not take it to heart to give honor to My name,' says the LORD of hosts, 'then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings. Indeed, I have already cursed them, because you do not lay it to heart. Behold, I will rebuke your offspring, and spread dung on your faces, the dung of your offerings, and you shall be taken away with it. So shall you know that I have sent this command to you, that My covenant with Levi may stand,' says the LORD of hosts. 'My covenant with him was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him. It was a covenant of fear, and he feared Me. He stood in awe of My [hidden] name. For True instruction was in his mouth, and no wrong was found on his lips. He walked with Me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many from iniquity.' 'For the lips of a priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts. But you have turned aside from the way. You have caused many to stumble by your instruction. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi,' says the LORD of hosts, 'and so I make you despised and abased before all the people, inasmuch as you do not keep My ways but show partiality in your instruction.'"


Examples of stubbornness,

Exodus 32:9 of 7-10; Deuteronomy 21:20 of 18-21, 31:27 of 24-29 "The LORD said to Moses, 'Go down, for your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves. They have turned aside quickly out of the way that I commanded them. They have made for themselves a golden calf and have worshiped it and sacrificed to it and said, "These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt!"' And the LORD said to Moses, 'I have seen this people, and behold, it is a stiff-necked people. Now therefore let Me alone, that My wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them, in order that I may make a great nation of you.'"

Deuteronomy 21:20 of 18-21; 31:27 of 24-29 "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, "This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard." Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

Deuteronomy 31:27, 29 of 24-29 "When Moses had finished writing the words of this law in a book to the very end, Moses commanded the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD, "Take this Book of the Law and put it by the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you. For I know how rebellious and stubborn you are. Behold, even today while I am yet alive with you, you have been rebellious against the LORD. How much more after my death! Assemble to me all the elders of your tribes and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears and call heaven and earth to witness against them. For I know that after my death you will surely act corruptly and turn aside from the way that I have commanded you. And in the days to come evil will befall you, because you will do what is evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking Him to anger through the work of your hands."


1Samuel 8:19 of 19-22 "Nevertheless, the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel. And they said, "No! But there shall be a king over us, that we also may be like all the nations, and that our king may judge us and go out before us and fight our battles." When Samuel had heard all the words of the people, he repeated them in the ears of the LORD. And the LORD said to Samuel, 'Obey their voice and make them a king.' Samuel then said to the men of Israel, "Go every man to his city."


2Chronicles 24:19 of 17-19; 30:8 of 1-9 "Now after the death of Jehoiada the princes of Judah came and paid homage to the king. Then the king listened to them. And they abandoned the house of the LORD, the God of their fathers, and served the Asherim and the idols. And wrath came upon Judah and Jerusalem for this guilt of theirs. Yet HE sent His prophets among them to bring them back to the LORD. These testified against them, but they would not pay attention."

2Chronicles 30:8 of 1-9 "Hezekiah sent to all Israel and Judah, and wrote letters also to Ephraim and Manasseh, that they should come to the house of the LORD at Jerusalem to keep the Passover to the LORD, the God of Israel. For the king and his princes and all the assembly in Jerusalem had taken counsel to keep the Passover in the second month—for they could not keep it at that time because the priests had not consecrated themselves in sufficient number, nor had the people assembled in Jerusalem—and the plan seemed right to the king and all the assembly. So they decreed to make a proclamation throughout all Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, that the people should come and keep the Passover to the LORD, the God of Israel, at Jerusalem, for they had not kept it as often as prescribed. So couriers went throughout all Israel and Judah with letters from the king and his princes, as the king had commanded, saying, "O people of Israel, return to the LORD, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, that HE may turn again to the remnant of you who have escaped from the hand of the kings of Assyria. Do not be like your fathers and your brothers, who were faithless to the LORD God of their fathers, so that HE made them a desolation, as you see. Do not now be stiff-necked as your fathers were, but yield yourselves to the LORD and come to His sanctuary, which HE has consecrated forever, and serve the LORD your God, that His fierce anger may turn away from you.  For if you return to the LORD, your brothers and your children will find compassion with their captors and return to this land. For the LORD your God is gracious and merciful and will not turn away His face from you, if you return to Him."


Jeremiah 32:33 of 26-35 "The word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: 'Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for Me?' Therefore, thus says the LORD: 'Behold, I am giving this city into the hands of the Chaldeans and into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and he shall capture it. The Chaldeans who are fighting against this city shall come and set this city on fire and burn it, with the houses on whose roofs offerings have been made to Baal and drink offerings have been poured out to other gods, to provoke Me to anger. For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have done nothing but evil in My sight from their youth. The children of Israel have done nothing but provoke Me to anger by the work of their hands,' declares the LORD. 'This city has aroused My anger and wrath, from the day it was built to this day, so that I will remove it from My sight because of all the evil of the children of Israel and the children of Judah that they did to provoke Me to anger—their kings and their officials, their priests and their prophets, the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. They have turned to Me their backsides and not their face. And though I have taught them persistently, they have not listened to receive My instruction. They set up their abominations in the house that is called by My name, to defile it. They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into My mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.'"


Jeremiah 44:16 of 15-19 "All the men who knew that their wives had made offerings to other gods, and all the women who stood by, a great assembly, all the people who lived in Pathros in the land of Egypt, answered Jeremiah: "As for the word that you have spoken to us in the name of the LORD, we will not listen to you. For we will do everything that we have vowed, make offerings to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to her, as we did, both we and our fathers, our kings and our officials, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, and prospered, and saw no disaster. For, since we left off making offerings to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine." And the women said, "When we made offerings to the queen of heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, was it without our husbands' approval that we made cakes for her bearing her image and poured out drink offerings to her?"


Zechariah 7:11 of 8-14 "The word of the LORD came to Zechariah, saying, Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart.' But they refused to pay attention and turned a stubborn shoulder and stopped their ears that they might not hear. They made their hearts diamond-hard lest they should hear the law (of life) and the words that the LORD of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets. Therefore great anger came from the LORD of hosts. 'Just as I called, and they would not hear, so they called, and I would not hear,' says the LORD of hosts, 'and I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations that they had not known. Thus the land they left was desolate, so that no one went to and fro, and the pleasant land was made desolate.'"


Acts 7:51 of 48-50, 51-53 "Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says (by Isaiah in 66:1-2), "'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for Me, says the LORD, or what is the place of My rest? Did not My hand make all these things? You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered, you who received the (Mosaic) Law as delivered by angels and did not keep it."

No comments:

Post a Comment