Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Post, The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 3, False Trusts .1

We are now into our looking at what is "False Trusts" of the things hidden in the cup of Revelation 18:4-8. Like with the others already looked at this area also has strong warnings not to be caught in these devises of evil. But sadly we see and hear them mounting up in today's assemblies and populations the world over as we reach the next day of the LORD. This area will also require a few days to explore.

False Trusts, make life miserable and insecure,

Trust in Man, carries a warning concerning this action,

Psalm 118:8-9 of 5-9; 146:3 of 1-7 "Out of my distress I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me free. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The LORD is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me. It is far better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes."

Psalm 146:3 of 1-7 "Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD, O my soul! I will praise the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praises to my GOD while I have my being. Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation. When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish. Blessed is he whose help is the GOD of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his GOD, Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, Who keeps faith forever; Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets the prisoners free."

                                                         The Day of Reckoning
Isaiah 2:17, 22 of 12-22; 30:2 of 1-5 "For the LORD of hosts has a day against all that is proud and lofty, against all that is lifted up—that they shall be brought low; against all the cedars of Lebanon, lofty and lifted up; and against all the oaks of Bashan; against all the lofty mountains, and against all the uplifted hills; against every high tower, and against every fortified wall; against all the ships of Tarshish, and against all the beautiful craft. And the haughtiness of man shall be humbled, and the lofty pride of men shall be brought low, and the LORD alone will be exalted in that day. And the idols shall utterly pass away. And people shall enter the caves of the rocks and the holes of the ground, from before the terror of the LORD, and from the splendor of His majesty, when HE rises to terrify the earth. In that day mankind will cast away their idols of silver and their idols of gold, which they made for themselves to worship, to the moles and to the bats, to enter the caverns of the rocks and the clefts of the cliffs, from before the terror of the LORD, and from the splendor of His majesty, when HE rises to terrify the earth. Stop regarding man in whose nostrils is breath, for of what account is he?"  

Isaiah 30:2 of 1-5 "'Ah, you stubborn children,' declares the LORD, 'who carry out a plan, but not Mine, and who make an alliances, but not of My Spirit, that they may add sin to sin; who set out to go down to Egypt, without asking for My direction, to take refuge in the protection of Pharaoh and to seek shelter in the shadow of Egypt! Therefore shall the protection of Pharaoh turn to your shame, and the shelter in the shadow of Egypt to your humiliation. For though his officials are at Zoan and his envoys reach Hanes, everyone comes to shame through a people that cannot profit them, that brings neither help nor profit, but shame and disgrace.'"


Isaiah 31:1,3 of 1-3; 36:6 of 1-10 "'Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help and rely on horses, who trust in chariots because they are many and in horsemen because they are very strong, but do not look to the Holy One of Israel or consult the LORD! And yet HE is wise and brings disaster; HE does not call back His words, but will arise against the house of the evildoers and against the helpers of those who work iniquity. The Egyptians are man, and not God, and their horses are flesh, and not spirit. When the LORD stretches out His hand, the helper will stumble, and he who is helped will fall, and they will all perish together.'"

Isaiah 36:6 of 1-3, 4-10 "In the fourteenth year of King Hezekiah, Sennacherib king of Assyria came up against all the fortified cities of Judah and took them. And the king of Assyria sent the Rabshakeh from Lachish to King Hezekiah at Jerusalem, with a great army. And he stood by the conduit of the upper pool on the highway to the Washer's Field. And there came out to him Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, who was over the household, and Shebna the secretary, and Joah the son of Asaph, the recorder.
And the Rabshakeh said to them, "Say to Hezekiah, 'Thus says the great King, the king of Assyria: On what do you rest this trust of yours? Do you think that mere words are strategy and power for war? In whom do you now trust, that you have rebelled against me? Behold, you are trusting in Egypt, that broken reed of a staff, which will pierce the hand of any man who leans on it. Such is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all who trust in him. For if you say to me, "We trust in the LORD our God," is it not HE whose high places and altars Hezekiah has removed, saying to Judah and to Jerusalem, "You shall worship before this altar?" Come now, make a wager with my master the king of Assyria: I will give you two thousand horses, if you are able on your part to set riders on them. How then can you repulse a single captain among the least of my master's servants, when you trust in Egypt for chariots and for horsemen? Moreover, is it without the LORD that I have come up against this land to destroy it? The LORD said to me, 'Go up against this land and destroy it.'"


Jeremiah 17:5 of 5-8; Hosea 5:13 of 8-15 "Thus says the LORD: 'Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the LORD. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. But, Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.'"

Hos 5:13 of 8-15 "'Blow the horn in Gibeah, the trumpet in Ramah. Sound the alarm at Beth-aven; we follow you, O Benjamin! Ephraim shall become a desolation in the day of punishment; among the tribes of Israel I make known what is sure. The princes of Judah have become like those who move the landmark; upon them I will pour out My wrath like water. Ephraim is oppressed, crushed in judgment, because he was determined to go after filth. But I am like a moth to Ephraim, and like dry rot to the house of Judah. When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah his wound, then Ephraim went to Assyria, and sent to the great king. But he is not able to cure you or heal your wound. For I will be like a lion to Ephraim, and like a young lion to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear and go away; I will carry off, and no one shall rescue. I will return again to My place, until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face, and in their distress earnestly seek Me.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment