Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Christ within You .010.2

 We're continuing with our at the blood line from it's original starting place in the Father of Spirits as the Life in the blood  of Leviticus 17:11.

For this I want to begin with the Mirror Study Bible's rendition of John 14:1-6 as follows: 

John 14:1-6 Jesus is speaking: 'Set your troubled hearts at ease by letting your belief concludes in GOD as you rest your confidence in Me. What makes My Father's house, is your place in it! If this was not the ultimate conclusion of My mission why would I even bother to do what I am about to do if it was not to prepare a place for you? I have come to persuade you of a place of seamless union where you belong. The proportions of what I will accomplish are astonishing! I will prepare a highway for you, just as in the Oriental custom,  where people would go before a king to level the road to make it possible for royalty to journey with ease and comfort. By fully identifying Myself with you I would fully identify you with Me so that  you may be completely at home where I am! In fact, you have always known this way and when all this is leading Me and where I am taking you.' Thomas said, "No, we don't get it; We have no idea where You are going with this - how could we possibly have known the way?" Jesus answered, 'My I-am-ness [is mirrored in you] is your way; This is your truth and also your life! Every single person can now come freely face to face with the Father entirely because of My doing.'"

Here's how it reads in the KJV:

John 14:1-7 Jesus is speaking: 'Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in GOD, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.' To this Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we know not where You go; And how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me. If you had known Me, you should have known My Father also: and from henceforth you know Him, and have seen Him.'

Now for another look back; GOD resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble . . . through whom also we have access by [Their, GOD'S] faith into this grace in which we stand. (James 4:6 and Roman 5:2; Matthew 10:36-38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, 10:21, Luke 9:23, 14:26-27; Romans 12:1-2)
Thus far in our daily meditations on growing in the grace of GOD, we have examined various areas of biblical truth: such as, the Old Covenant of Mosaic Law, the New Covenant of grace, GOD'S sufficiency for godly living, living by the promises of GOD, and Old Testament saints who live by GOD'S grace. Now, we return to an extended consideration of how we avail ourselves of the glorious riches of GOD'S grace. As noted earlier in our studies, GOD'S grace is accessed through humility and faith.

If we desire to live by GOD'S grace, we must be willing to renounce pride and to walk in humility, by the taking up of our cross on a daily bases as set out by Jesus. "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble." The LORD is opposed to the path of self-sufficiency. When we pridefully assume that we can produce the kind of life GOD calls us to live, spiritual progress is prevented. Humility involves agreeing with GOD'S pronouncements concerning our inadequacies, these brought about by man's religions. "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves" (2Corinthians 3:5). The person who is willing to walk humbly before / with the LORD has an accurate understanding of our comprehensive need for the LORD to work in and through our lives. "'Without Me you can do nothing.'" (John 15:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment