Monday, September 11, 2023

Christ within You .09

This morning I took a friend to a their doctor's appointment, while waiting I began reading Luke 1 and when I got to verse 50, something got my attention and I began a study of it. It dawned on me after I signed off on this that most of humanity misplaced their understanding of man's origin, as recorded in Genesis 2. Thereafter including the loss of our origin and knowledge of identity, by the death found in Genesis 3. For in Genesis 3 is where religion is first introduced as found in verse 15. This post will be mostly about what I found in Luke 1 verse 50, but first a look at King David's thoughts as found in the Psalms 119, the foundation of the Words importance.

Living According to God's Word:

You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word . . . Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word. (Ps. 119:65, 169)

Those who profess to live according to God's word will characteristically have this testimony. "You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word." This is true, because the word of God is to be our comprehensive source of the Lord's direction and of His provision. When God's mercy is applied to salvation or is it really our redemption which the much needed for, new life, one must turn to God's word. "Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD—Your salvation according to Your word" (Ps. 119:41). When reviving is needed for those who have new life, one must again turn to God's word. "I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word . . . My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word" (Ps. 119:107, 25). Whatever the need maybe, the Lord invites us to face it according to His word.

When we do not understand the issues of life that press painfully in upon us, it is again time to run to the Lord and His word. "Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word." So often, perplexity is our human plight. The word of the Lord can sort it all out.

Now for Luke 1:50 and what is revealed within it, beginning at verse 46 through 55 to capture the whole thought:

Luke 1:50 of 46-55 And Mary said, "My soul does magnify the LORD, and my spirit has rejoiced in GOD my Savior. For He has regard of my low estate of His handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For He that is mighty has done to me great things; And holy is His name. His mercy (Ps. 103:17) is on them that fear[1] Him from generation[2] to generation. He having shown strength with His arm; He having scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. He has put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. He has filled the hungry with good things; And the rich He has sent empty away. He has given help His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy; As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever."

Now for [1] fear's meaning in the Strong's Greek Dictionary it is G5399, from G5409 meaning, to be in awe of, that is, revere; for Thayer's Greek for G5409, reverence for one’s husband, this takes us back to Ruth's kinsmen redeemer of Strong's H1350, to redeem (according to the Oriental law of kinship), that is, to be the next of kin.

Now for a Psalm 38:11, where King David speaks in this fashion, as he states this: "'My lovers and My friends stand aloof from My sore; And My kinsmen (H7138, From H7126; near (in place, kindred or time): - allied, approach, at hand, + any of kin, kinsfolk; H7126, be at hand, join, be near, offer, present, produce, make ready, stand) stand (H5975, means to stand, in various relations, to abide, in place and time) afar off.'" This is but one example of many of King David's seemingly being present in the Heavenliest place, over hearing what was spoken by the Father to His Son or son's, as first seen in Genesis 1:26-28 passage also reflects.

Here's [2] generation: The Strong's G1074, from G1085, an age (the period or the persons): - age, generation, nation, time. G1085 From G1096, “kin,” diversity, generation, kind (-red), nation, offspring, stock. G1096, A prolonged and middle form of a primary verb; to cause to be; be found, be fulfilled, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake of.

I got excited by this find....!

No comments:

Post a Comment