Thursday, November 2, 2023

Christ within You post number 2383

 Again we're examining Genesis 2:7 which states this: Gen 2:7  "The LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." The highlighted area is our subject matter of this study.

breathed Life into our nostrils: Job 27:3 of 1-6 Moreover Job continued his parable, and said, as God lives, who has taken away my judgment; The Almighty, Who has vexed my soul; All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit. God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove my integrity from me. My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live. 

Our next passage is from a witness of Elihu a friend of Job in: Job 33:4 of 1-7  Wherefore, Job, I pray you, hear my speeches, and hearken to all my words. Behold, now I have opened my mouth, my tongue has spoken in my mouth. My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart: and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly. For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty has given me life. If you can answer me, set your words in order before me, stand up. Behold, I am according to your wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay. Behold, my terror shall not make you afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon you. 

Our next area is titled the day of reckoning coming in Isaiah 2:22 of 12-22, picking up at 11: Isa 2:22 of 11-22  The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; And he shall be brought low: and upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan, and upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up, and upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall, and upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures. And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. And the idols He shall utterly abolish. And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of His majesty, when He arises to shake terribly the earth. In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats; To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of His majesty, when He arises to shake terribly the earth. Cease you from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?  

This is a record of shortly after Jesus' resurrection: John 20:22 of 19-23  Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in their midst, and said unto them, 'Peace be to you.' When He had so said, He showed them His hands and His side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. Then said Jesus to them again, 'Peace be to you: as My Father has sent Me, even so send I you.' And when He had said this, after He breathed on them, and said to them, Receive the Holy Ghost: 'Whose soever sins you remit, they are remitted (G863, forgiven) to them; And whose soever sins you retain, they are retained.' 

Paul is speaking here: Act 17:25 of 22-31  Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are too superstitious (ie..very religious). For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore you ignorantly worship, Him declare I to you. The GOD that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is LORD of heaven and earth, dwells not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed any thing, seeing* He gives to all life, and breath, and all things; And having made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and having determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the LORD, if haply they might feel after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us: For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, 'For we are all His offspring." For as much then as we are the offspring of GOD, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like gold, or silver, or stone, graven by the artfulness of man's device. The times of this ignorance GOD winked at; But now commands all men every where to remittance: Because He having appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He having ordained; Whereof He has given assurance to all men, in that He having raised Him from the dead." 

seeing He gives Life*: Job 12:10 of 7-12, 34:14 of 10-15  But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach you; And the fowls of the air, and they shall tell you: or speak to the earth, and it shall teach you: and the fishes of the sea shall declare to you. Who know not in all these that the hand of the LORD has wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind. Does not the ear try words? and the mouth taste His meat? With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding....Therefore hearken to me, you men of understanding: far be it from GOD, that He should do wickedness; From the Almighty, that He should commit iniquity. For the works of man shall He render to him, and cause every man to find according to his ways. Yes, surely GOD will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment. Who has given Him a charge over the earth? or who has disposed the whole world? If He set His heart upon man, if He gather to Himself His spirit and His breath; Then All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again to dust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment