Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The LORD our Passover

We are about to retreat to the garden after partaking of the feast as a testimonial of all that had been in the commandment of God, the Mosaic Law, Psalms and the Prophets, which both John the Baptist and Jesus now have fulfilled in all righteousness. We must realize that with the inquirey of the gentiles early on in the day of preparation Jesus know His time of completion was upon Him as recorded by John in chapters 12:20-34, 13:1. We are still in the same day time period because according to God's time table a day starts at sun down and runs until the sunset of the next day. Listen with attention to each account of the LORD's apprehension and perception as they unfold in the following accounts.

We have been given to us an insight into the Pharisees, Sadduccee's and scribes unbelief and denial of who Jesus was and calmed to be in no uncertain terms and language. John in his rendition of events beginning just before the Last Supper (in chapters 11 through 20) and continuing from there reveals much about our spiritual state that was about to come about. The new thing promised to Adam in Gen. 3:15 and then Abraham, Psalms and the Prophets. But we must become willing to change and then allow the change for it to happen within us, this is to say we have to take position of it. This is what our Repentance is all about, our willingness to change direction and bad habits in preparation for greater revelation of Him, Christ Jesus. (the hidden question of Mat. 11:29) It is these habits that hurt when they fall off or die. I cannot leave you hanging as on a cliff with nothing to catch or support us, I must continue with John's revelation as recorded in the following accounts of chapters 15 through 20, for chapter 21 through Acts 2 carries on with the same theme as the completion of all things solely Israel. Israel being a people, a nation through whom God would bring about the promise spoken in both Genesis 3:15, 12:3c and the seed which is in all mankind and especially the seed of redemption which will bring about our Salvation through Christ our LORD. As the LORD of our Passover which will bring us back to the estate of man in Genesis 2:7 by the same action of verses 21 through 23 of Gen. 2 in reverse. Where Jesus as Christ and LORD is the second Adam, of the same seed.(1Cor. 15:22, 45) For this to happen we must accept the yoke of Him our Shepherd and LORD.(Mat. 11:29) Beginning with chapter 15 of John's synoptic gospel written many years after the LORD's return in the person of the Spirit of Holiness and Truth as seen in Acts 2:1-4, where the LORD is still speaking to those who have become receptive of Him.


Christ is the LORD,

Father, husbandman and husband and the true Vine,

or mighty Oak into which all Sons of God are grafted.
I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. Every branch in Me that bears not fruit He takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, He purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit. (this is the definition of the word LORD and the word yoke) Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. For the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in Me. (this indicates that we cannot do what Hebrews and other Epistle's warn us not to do or become) I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without Me you can do nothing. If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a (dead and worthless) branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto (come into being for) you. Herein is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be My disciples. (to learn and acquire understanding, not just a student) As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you: continue you in My love.(Agape) If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in His love. (AGAPE) These things have I spoken to you, that My joy might remain in you, and your joy might be full.


Our relationship to each other

This is My commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends, if you do whatever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knows not what his lord does: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of My Father I have made known to you. You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit, and your fruit should remain: that whatever you shall ask of the Father (being, is implied here) in My name, He may give it you.(NOT guaranteed) These things I command you, that you love one another.     

No comments:

Post a Comment