Monday, May 26, 2014

The LORD our Passover


I trust the Spirit of Holiness and all Truth to reveal the essence of Christ restored within you by your trusting Him to start with. May He enlarge the stakes of your tent to receive the knowledge and revelation of Christ as He fills both me and you. In Jesus' own words when He said, My words are spirit and life as written by John in chapter 6 verse 63 which states this; It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you, are spirit, and are life. But there are some of you that believe not.” When we have clear perception we can hear the words of Genesis 1:26a and 27 which states this, “God said, Let us make man in Our Image, after Our Likeness: ….... So God created man in His Image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.” Here we find man as spirit and word being one in God before the foundation of the world were laid. To this was man created and is the whole scenario of scriptures and the purpose exposed by God for our learning and understanding. But as Jesus said not all have the ability to believe, which is the key that opens the door to receive this. Because life and death are in the power of the tongue in its proper metaphoric application.

For fun lets look at what Paul has to reveal to us about marriage because I am sure that hidden within the passages we will realize just what I have been pressing out of the vineyard of God's own words as the juice of the grape that fattens us all. This is the very Life blood of the vine into Whom we have been grafted, our LORD-GOD. What might be of help is an understanding of a few terms like LORD, yoke, betrothal, marriage, husbandman, Father, Master, steward, husband and the like. We have already looked at LORD and yoke where we found that Yehovah is our husbandman, vine, husband, the root and trunk of a mighty tree, Father and Master. And the trunk of a heavy tree like the oak of which we are its branches. The oak tree was used to show strength and the large amount of shade it cast outward. Yoke is a type of shepherd staff, easier to carry then that figured being in use by the Jewish Priesthood, as a heavy burden, under which we receive training and teaching and the rule (law of the kingdom) of God (yoke) for service as Jesus taught and teaches it even now. Jesus in most of His parables used these and other metaphoric words to describe spiritual realities and it is in this knowledge that His words are stumbling blocks to the spiritually blind.

When I did a word search in the OT for marriage there were only 2 references listed for both verses and matches, in the NT there were 16 verses and 17 matches. This is another way of knowing the magnitude of God's intended revelation as contained in the NT. Before turning our attention toward Paul lets look at what Jesus says in Luke chapter 20 beginning at verse 34 in answering a probing question asked by a sect of the Sadduccees; “Jesus answering said to them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal to the angels; and are the children of God, (Ps. 16:5-11, 22:23-26, Heb. 11:16) being the children of the resurrection.(Zec 3:7, 1Cor. 15:42, Mat. 22:30, 1John 3:2, Romans 8:16-23, 24-25, Rev. 5:9-14) Now that the dead are raised, even Moses showed this at the bush, when he called the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. For He is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live in (through and because of) Him.” (John 6:57, 11:25-26, 14:19, Rom. 6:10-11, 22-23, 14:7-9, 2Cor. 6:16, 13:4, Rev. 7:15-17, I know that I have loaded this with related verses but each is important for the bigger picture.)
If we see only the literal and natural of this we will miss out on the greater blessing of the spiritual which we receive by trusting God, in the taking Him at His word. (as did Enoch, Noah, Shem, Eber, Abraham, Isaac and the Prophets did) In the revelation of the secret things hidden from man in veiled language of similitudes. The source of all promises is hidden in Genesis 3:15 and the actions of words in Genesis 2:21-24. The key is our union and unity with the LORD in the yoke as a form of betrothal in the consummation and inauguration of the New Covenant in the Last Supper an on into His death/blood, burial, resurrection and ascension and the return in the person of the Holy Spirit. For with God all things are possible, He is the LORD of even the impossible. We are admonished not to look down on small beginnings but to keep our eyes on the LORD of the harvest.

I want to share with you something that the LORD showed me early this morning in what He said as recorded by John in chapters 6 and 10, first 6 where it states this in verse 57: John 6:53-59 Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh, and drinks My blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is meat indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He that eats My flesh, and drinks My blood, dwells in Me, and I in him. As the living Father has sent Me, and I live by the Father: so he that eats Me, even he shall live by* Me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this bread shall live forever. These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.”


And then in John 10 it states this in verse 9: John 10:6-19 “This parable spoke Jesus to them: but they understood nothing of what things they were which He spoke to them. Then said Jesus to them again, Verily, verily, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before Me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by* Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: (mere natural man has the character of Satan with the poison of asps under the tongue) I am come that they might have Life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeing the wolf coming, leaves the sheep, and flees: and the wolf catches them, and scatters the sheep. (todays divided churches in denominationalism of mans Religion in what ever form it maybe and in hypocrisy, these people are like unwanted weeds that spring up everywhere) The hireling flees, because he is an hireling, and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know My sheep, and am known of Mine. As the Father knows Me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: (not of Israel, as the gifts and callings of God are irrevocable Romans 11:29) them also I must bring, and they shall hear My voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. (Not a house divided and in strife caused by that division.) Therefore does My Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again. No man takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again. This commandment have I received of My Father. There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.”
*In both passages the word “by” has the meaning of through, as for the specific reason and ground of Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment