Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Here is John's account of this event as found in chapter 13 and beginning with verse 21 through 30 and again to get the full impact I must begin in chapter 12 verse 20. Because of the weight of what is from here on revealed by the Greek's who sought after Jesus and His final discourse with the people; There were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethesda of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would seek Jesus. Philip came and told this to Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus. Jesus answering says, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say to you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit. (Jesus being the seed of woman as promised man in Gen. 3:15 makes this statement a revelation of Himself) He that loves his life (in mans sin and death estate of separation from GOD) shall lose it; and he that hates (move than he loves Me is here implied) his life in this world shall keep it to life eternal. (the root of the promise of Gen. 3:15 and 12:1-3, Isaiah 7:14, Jeremiah 31:22, Matthew 1:23, 25) If any man serve Me, let him follow (do as I AM doing under My yoke Mat. 11:29) Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any man serve Me, him will Father honor.

Now is My soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save Me from this hour: but for this cause came I to this hour. Father, glorify Your name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, 'I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.' The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spoke to Him. Jesus said, This voice came not because of Me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Me. This He said, signifying what death He should die. The people answered Him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abides forever: and how say You, that The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man? Then Jesus said them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walks in darkness knows not where he going. (Here is the revelation of the parable of the old and new cloth and old wine skin and the new wine in that dried dead skin of Mat. 9:16-17, Mar. 2:21-22 and John 16:12) While you have light, believe in the light, that you may be the children of light. These things spoke Jesus, and departed, and did hide Himself from them.

Though many believe they are afraid of the Priest's

But though He had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on Him: That the saying of Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, 'Lord, who has believed our report? and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?' Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 'He has blinded their eyes, and hardened their hearts; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, and be converted, and I should heal them.' (given them My Salvation as a yoke) These things said Esaias, when he saw His glory, and spoke of Him. Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess (or recognize) Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. 

Jesus cried out and said, He that believes Me, believes not on Me, but on Him that sent Me. And he that sees Me sees Him that sent Me.(recognizing GOD as His authority and power) I am come a light into the world, that whoever believes Me should not abide in darkness.(mans natural estate of sin in the fear of death, because of his separation from GOD) If any man hears My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save (Redeem) the world. He that rejects Me, and receives not My words, there is one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father who sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatever I speak therefore, even as the Father said to Me, so I speak.  

No comments:

Post a Comment