Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Discovering the Great and Precrious Promises of GOD (the Living Way through the Door)

Today we are looking still into the "Precepts" or as we saw yesterday the Royal Law of GOD. This Royal Law is spoken of as being Love and Faith two items not spoken in the Law of Moses. Just as the "Better Things" such as the Light of our Gospel were not part of that Law. And as has become our norm I will again look at what is revealed concerning the Moses Law through the writings of Pastor Hoekstra's pen as found in E-Sword. And will again pull our scripture passages from the ESV translation.

                                "The Law Producing Accountability for Sin"
"Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God . . . For by the law is the knowledge of sin."  (Romans 3:19-20)


"GOD's Law speaks to those who are under the Law. This would certainly include the Hebrews and their brothers the Jews (composed of the doctors, lawyers, scribes, priests or those who held themselves as being the elite of Israel, today we would call then the religious-politically correct crowd), for the Law of GOD was given to them in writing (first engraved on stones by GOD, then written on parchment in the Holy Scriptures). Yet, the Law speaks to the Gentiles as well, since they have it inscribed upon their consciences. "[The Gentiles] show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness" (Romans 2:15). Thus, every Hebrew and every Gentile begins life under the Law.


Remember, when the Law speaks, it is saying, "be Holy, be loving, be perfect." The result of all people having received this message (either externally in writing, or internally upon the conscience) is that "every mouth [is] stopped."

What would we say if we stood before GOD, and He evaluated our lives  by His Law? How could we answer if GOD said, "Here is your life; here is My Law; now, give an account of yourself." Our "mouths [would be] stopped." We could provide no excuse, explanation, or justification.


The Law produces accountability to GOD. And this accountability is universal. "All the world [is] guilty before GOD." There are no exceptions. Everyone in all the world is included. The Law of GOD reveals to all humanity what sin really is. 


Sin is not a cultural phenomenon. It is a Divine Revelation of what is absolutely unacceptable before GOD in light of His Holy character. "By the Law is the Knowledge of Sin." Man would have no insight into this matter were it not for the Law of GOD. "I would not have known sin except through the Law" (Romans 7:7). Murder, adultery, stealing, lying, and coveting are all revealed to mankind by GOD's Law. "For I would not have known covetousness unless the Law had said, 'You shall not covet'" (Romans 7:7). Through GOD's Law we are all accountable to Him for our sins."

The GOD's Word Furnishes a Light in Darkness:

Psalm 19:7-14 "The Law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults. Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer."


Nun.
Psalm 119:105-112 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I have sworn an oath and confirmed it, to keep your righteous rules. I am severely afflicted; give me life, O LORD, according to Your word! Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O LORD, and teach me Your rules. I hold my life in my hand continually, but I do not forget Your Law. The wicked have laid a snare for me, but I do not stray from Your Precepts. Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart. I incline my heart to perform Your statutes forever, to the end."


Pe.
Psalm 119:129-136 "Your testimonies are wonderful; therefore my soul keeps them. The unfolding of Your words gives Light; it imparts understanding to the simple. I open my mouth and pant, because I long for Your commandments. Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is Your way with those who love Your name. Keep steady my steps according to Your promises, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. Redeem me from man's oppression, that I may keep Your Precepts. Make Your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your statutes. My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep Your Law."


Proverbs 6:20-35 "My son, keep your father's commandment, and forsake not your mother's teaching. Bind them on your heart always; tie them around your neck. When you walk, they will lead you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; and when you awake, they will talk with you. For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a Light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life, to preserve you from the evil woman, from the smooth tongue of the adulteress. Do not desire her beauty in your heart, and do not let her capture you with her eyelashes; for the price of a prostitute is only a loaf of bread, but a married woman hunts down a precious life. Can a man carry fire next to his chest and his clothes not be burned? Or can one walk on hot coals and his feet not be scorched? So is he who goes in to his neighbor's wife; none who touches her will go unpunished. People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his appetite when he is hungry, but if he is caught, he will pay sevenfold; he will give all the goods of his house. He who commits adultery lacks sense; he who does it destroys himself. He will get wounds and dishonor, and his disgrace will not be wiped away. For jealousy makes a man furious, and he will not spare when he takes revenge. He will accept no compensation; he will refuse though you multiply gifts."


2Peter 1:19-21 "We have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from GOD as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment