Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Discovering the Great and Precrious Promises of GOD (The Bible is Divinely Inspired)

I alluded to this revelation on my Face book  page just the other day and now I have to here only in a deeper revelation than there. We just concluded with the Breath of GOD or so I thought. Our Bible contains GODS Own revelation brought to us through His Son. Our starting place will be in the revealing the word as a Purifying Force. But before I get into it I will again turn to Pastor Hoeksrta's  study of GODS Grace. And from there we will look at our subject and again will make use of the ESV translation.

                              "The Message of the Law: Be Holy"


"The LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 'Speak to all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say to them: You shall be holy, for I the LORD your GOD am Holy. Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father, and keep My Sabbaths: I am the LORD your GOD. Do not turn to idols, nor make for yourselves molded gods: I am the LORD your GOD'."  (Leviticus 19:1-4)

When any aspects of GOD's law is being considered, what is its overall message? How could a person summarize the law of God? In this statement to Moses, the LORD mentions a few of the commandments from His holy law. He speaks of proper treatment of parents, observance of the Sabbath day, and refraining from idolatry. Then, He provides a two word summary of all His law: "be Holy."

In this call to holiness, the LORD holds forth Himself as the reason for, and standard of, living holy lives. "You shall be Holy, for I the LORD your GOD am Holy." GOD is Holy, so He wants holiness to be a distinctive trait of His people.

What is the holiness of GOD? It has to do with His character. Holiness speaks of that which is innate with GOD, as well as contrasting that which is absolutely foreign to His being. In the LORD GOD there is perfect Righteousness. On the other hand, in Him there dwells no unrighteousness of any type. In our GOD there abides complete moral Purity. Contrariwise, in Him there is not even a trace of moral evil. In fact, everything about Him is spiritually pure and morally unpolluted.

This Holy character of the LORD GOD is the standard of Life that the law holds forth for humanity. GOD's chosen nation, Israel, was given this standard in writing. All others have this standard written on the conscience (Jeremiah 31:33-34, Jeremiah 24:7, Ezekiel 11:19-20, 36:25-27, Romans 2:15). Every one who is born into this world is measured by GOD's law, which demands that the Holy character of GOD be seen in their life before GOD, including how they relate to GOD and to one another. The message of the law is: "be Holy."

The Words Revelation Purifies the Life just as the Breath of GOD Purifies:
BETH.

Psalm 119:9-16 "How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word. With my whole heart I seek You; let me not wander from Your commandments! I have stored up Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O LORD; teach me Your statutes! With my lips I declare all the rules of Your mouth. In the way of Your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on Your precepts and fix my eyes on Your ways. I will delight in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word."


John 15:1-11 "I am the true Vine, and My Father is the vine-dresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the Vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be My disciples. As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Abide in My Love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My Love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His Love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."


John 17:13-19 "I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them Your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the Truth; Your word is Truth. As You sent Me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake I consecrate Myself, that they also may be sanctified in Truth."


Ephesians 5:15-21, 22-24, 25-33 "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Will of the LORD is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the LORD with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to GOD the Father in the name of our LORD Christ Jesus, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. 


Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the LORD. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body (a figure of Noah's Ark), and is Himself its Savior. Now as the Church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. 


Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her, that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that He might present the Church to Himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the Church, because we are members of His Body (Family or Church as One in unity). "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the Church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband."


1Peter 1:17-21, 22-25 "If you call on Him as Father Who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Jesus Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.
He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you who through Him are believers of GOD, Who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in GOD. 


Having purified your souls by your obedience to the Truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the Living and Abiding Word of GOD; for "All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the Word of the LORD remains forever." And this word is the good news that was preached (proclaimed) to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment