Sunday, April 10, 2016

Discovering the Great and Precious Promises of GOD (Spiritual Heritage)

Just what is Spiritual Heritage? I have heard many things about the subject but are they true? Today we shall look into it and find out for ourselves. Just what Spiritual Heritage is. But before I do I will again look to Pastor Hoekstra's writing on Grace and the LORD. Then with the use of the ESV translation and the LORD should HE give me insight I will endeavor to uncover our Heritage.

                                 "Christ Living in Us"
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."  (Galatians 2:20)

"In these sublime words, we are given profound insight concerning the Grace of GOD at work through our renewed and restored Intimate Relationship with Christ. This majestic statement begins with our spiritual death (which took place in Genesis 3), that another might live in and through our lives (bring to or put another way to restore within us that which Adam and woman shared in Genesis 2, communion and the intimate relationship with GOD). Finally, we are told how we are to respond, so this divine arrangement can proceed as intended.

First, our spiritual death is in view. "I have been crucified with Christ." If we are believers in the Lord Jesus, we died with Him upon that cross. The cross of Jesus Christ is now our testimony of rejoicing, for by that cross we escaped the dead world of the unredeemed humanity. "But GOD forbid that I should glory except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by Whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world" (Galatians 6:14). Although the cross is the end of our old life as Adam, that is not the end of our story. "Even when we were dead in trespasses, [GOD] made us alive together with Christ (by Grace you have been saved) " (Ephesians 2:5). By His Grace, we were raised with Christ Jesus. We died with Him, that we now might live in Him and HE within us. "Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him" (Romans 6:8).

The astounding consequence of these Truths is that we are not the ones producing our Christian life. "It is no longer I who live." This reality is radically contrary to man's natural thinking. If we are not to manufacture our life with GOD, what other option could possibly be available? The wonderful answer is: "Christ lives in me." True Christian living is to be Christ living in and through our lives. Or and this maybe hard for some to accept GOD living in us as we are now One in HIM and HE in us. Because the anointing of which the name Messiah and Christ carry is the GOD Head in Him. How can this be accomplished? We still have an ongoing human experience in flesh and bones bodies: "the life which I now live in the flesh." Yes, but this life is to be lived by faith: "I live by faith in the Son of God." As we put our trust in Christ Jesus day by day, He lives in and through our thoughts, our words, our choices, our priorities, our relationships, our very actions.

Once again, this is GOD's Grace at work through humility and faith. The humility is expressed by embracing this confession: "it is no longer I who live." The faith is expressed by counting upon this Truth: "Christ lives in me." Therefore I live in the ever present NOW of the supernatural, as a GOD One.

Spiritual Heritage:

Psalm 61:5-8 "For you, O GOD, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear (reverence and revere) Your name. Prolong the life of the king; may his years endure to all generations! May he be enthroned forever before GOD; appoint steadfast love and faithfulness to watch over him! So will I ever sing praises of Your name, as I perform my vows day after day."


Nun.
Psalm 119:105-112 and Isaiah 54:17 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I have sworn an oath and confirmed it, to keep Your Righteous Rules (action of deciding). I am severely afflicted; give me Life, O LORD, according to Your word! Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O LORD, and teach me Your Rules (Your decisions). I hold my life in my hand (is in danger) continually, but I do not forget Your law (the direction one is to take). The wicked have laid a snare for me, but I do not stray from Your Precepts (Your overseeing). Your testimonies (witnesses) are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart. I incline my heart to perform Your Statutes (combined together) forever, to the end."

Isaiah 54:11-17 "O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted, behold, I will set your stones in antimony, and lay your foundations with sapphires. I will make your pinnacles of agate, your gates of carbuncles, and all your wall of precious stones. All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you. If anyone stirs up strife, it is not from Me; whoever stirs up strife with you shall fall because of you. Behold, I have created the smith who blows the fire of coals and produces a weapon for its purpose. I have also created the ravager to destroy; no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their vindication from Me, declares the LORD."


Acts 20:25-35 (Paul is speaking) "And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again. Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all, for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of GOD. Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the Church (Family unit) of GOD, which HE obtained with His own blood. I know that after my departure fierce (false religions of fallen mans design as) wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish every one with tears. And now I commend you to GOD and to the word of His Grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. I coveted no one's silver or gold or apparel. You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my necessities and to those who were with me. In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"


Acts 26:12-18 and Ephesians 1:11 (Paul is giving his witness to the LORDS overseeing) "In this connection I journeyed to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. At midday, O king, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, that shone around me and those who journeyed with me. And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting ME? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.' And I said, 'Who are You, LORD?!' And the LORD said, 'I am Jesus Whom you are persecuting. But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen ME and to those in which I will appear to you, delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles—to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to Light and from the power of Satan to GOD, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in ME.'"

Ephesians 1:3-14 "Blessed be the GOD and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as HE chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be Holy and Blameless before HIM. In love HE predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of HIS Will, to the praise of HIS glorious Grace, with which HE has blessed us in the Beloved. In Him we have Redemption through HIS blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of HIS Grace, which HE lavishes upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery (secret) of HIS Will, according to HIS purpose, which HE set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth. In HIM we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of HIM Who works all things according to the counsel of HIS Will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of His glory. In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, this Gospel of your Salvation, and believed HIM, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of HIS glory."


Colossians 1:9-14, 3:24 and 1Peter 1:4 "For this reason, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the Knowledge of His Will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the LORD, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the Knowledge of GOD. May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of HIS beloved Son, in Whom we have Redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Colossians 3:22-25 "Bondservants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the LORD. Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the LORD and not for men, knowing that from the LORD you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the LORD Christ. For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality."

1Peter 1:3-9 "Blessed be the GOD and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to HIS great mercy, HE has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by GOD's power are being guarded through faith for a Salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen Him, you love Him. Though you do not now see Him, you believe Him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the Salvation of your souls ("breath" as given in Genesis 2:7, this having been restored to GOD)."

No comments:

Post a Comment