Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Discovering the Great and Precious Promises of GOD (the Righteous are Saints before GOD)

Yesterday we saw that GOD has commanded, by enjoining us, that we all acquire HIS Righteousness and Holiness and that this is done by our actually doing HIS Will not in word only but by revelation of the secret things. These secret things where written in the scroll of the book that a few of HIS Prophets were directed to eat, as was the case with Daniel. Now for Pastor Hoeksstra's writing on Grace. And then I will look at our Sanctification again to acquire the rest of the story with the use of the ESV translation. And as is my usual custom should the LORD give me additional insight I will edit the location and add it.


                        "Jesus Christ, Our Great High Priest"
"Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of Grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."  (Hebrews 4:14-16)

"Jesus as our High Priest is one of the magnificent Truths that matures us in the Faith and draws us more Intimacy with Him. When we see the greatness of Jesus in this office, our steadfastness is strengthened. "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest Who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of GOD, let us hold fast our confession." Jesus was completely successful in His mission of Redemption. He came and died as the Sacrifice for our sins. He rose victorious over sin and death. He Ascended to the heaven of heavens, seated in Authority at the right hand of the Father. Knowing this, we have great cause to remain steadfast in our confession of hope in Him.

Furthermore, our great High Priest is not aloof from our needs or impervious to our frailties. "For we do not have a High Priest Who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses." The enemy of our souls threw all of his tempting devices at Jesus. He faced what we face, so He understands our battles in a very personal manner. Another matter of even greater significance is that He never yielded to the tempters attacks: "yet without sin." Thus, He not only understands our plight, but He can also provide victory.

We are hereby given reason to approach GOD, through our great High Priest, without hesitation or apprehension to find the help we need. "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of Grace, that we may obtain mercy and find (even more) Grace to help in time of need." Our GOD rules this universe from a throne characterized by Grace. This Grace can only be properly known by those who live under His New Covenant of Grace.  This Grace is sufficient to Justify and to Sanctify all who humbly trust the (speaking of His humanity) Lord Who is now LORD. The Grace offered here is not for initial Salvation. Rather, it is for rescuing the Redeemed when they are aware of their inadequacy. We are invited to draw near, approach our GOD in an Intimate fashion, and partake of His fullness in light of our emptiness." The ascended LORD as Christ, the anointed one. When we receive Him as Jesus in the revelation of His resurrection, as the bright and morning star of Peter, arises within our circumcised heart we become One with Him. Christ being the Light, Love Life, law and Living word of GOD. We see this in the first verse of the first passage shared below in John 17:6 and following.

Sanctified Ones:
John 17:6-19 (Jesus is speaking) "I have manifested Your name to the people whom You gave Me out of the world. Yours they were, and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. Now they know that everything that You have given Me is from You. For I have given them the words that You gave Me, and they have received them and have come to know in Truth that I came from You; and they have believed that You sent Me. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. All Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, which You have given Me, that they may be One, even as We are One (Deuteronomy 6:4). While I was with them, I kept them in Your name, which You have given Me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. But now I am coming to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them Your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the Truth; Your word is Truth. As You sent Me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake I consecrate Myself, that they also may be sanctified in Truth."


Acts 20:25-35 "Now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again. Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all, for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole (Will) counsel of GOD. Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the Church (Family) of GOD, which HE obtained with His own blood. I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish every one with tears. And now I commend you to GOD and to the word of His Grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are Sanctified. I coveted no one's silver or gold or apparel. You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my necessities and to those who were with me. In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"


1Corinthians 1:1-3 "Paul, called by the Will of GOD to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sosthenes, To the Church (Family) of GOD that is in Corinth, to those Sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their LORD and ours: Grace to you and peace from GOD our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."


1Corinthians 6:9-11 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of GOD? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of GOD. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were Sanctified, you were Justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our GOD."


Ephesians 5:25-33 "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the Church (Family) and gave Himself up for her, that He might Sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that HE might present the Church (Family members) to Himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the (Family His) Church, because we are members of His Body (the Church). "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the Church (His Family as a Body of many members of One). However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband."


Hebrews 2:10-13 "For it was fitting that HE, for Whom and by Whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering. For HE Who Sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why HE is not ashamed to call them brothers, saying, "I will tell of Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing Your praise." And again, "I will put My trust in Him." And again, "Behold, I and the children GOD has given Me."


Jud 1-3 "Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James, To those who are called, beloved in GOD the Father and kept for Jesus Christ: May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you. Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation,
I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints."

No comments:

Post a Comment