Monday, April 25, 2016

Discovering the Great and Precious Promises of GOD (Wisdom and Knowledge)

Today we will see that with GOD there are fragrances that differ between those of us who are actually in Christ. For this is our subject Divine Knowledge, as I progress along the path of righteousness and Holiness to Godliness through Grace and Faith in the Faithful One Who has promised. We like small children are to grow in the Knowledge GOD. And GODS being in Christ and Christ within us. But first Pastor Hoekstra to see what he has to say about Grace and the revelation of how Grace works within us. Then with the use of the ESV translation and when the LORD gives me utterance I will add it where and when HE does.

                         "A Fragrance of Christ to God"
"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge . . . For we are to God the fragrance of Christ."  (2Corinthians 2:14-15)

"In addition to the characteristic of triumphant living, GOD also wants to mark our lives with the fragrance of Christ. "Now thanks be to GOD Who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His Knowledge."

Just as there are physical fragrances that can be noticed by our physical senses, there are also spiritual fragrances that can impact us spiritually. If a person partakes of food that is heavily seasoned with garlic, others will notice the fragrance of garlic. If a person consistently presses on to Know the LORD, others will be impacted by the "fragrance of His Knowledge." This is described as the "fragrance of Christ." This is that spiritual aroma that wafts forth from the lives of those who are getting to know the LORD. It is a validating reality that the Lord Jesus Christ is dwelling in their lives and is being evidenced through their lives.

As we are getting to know the Lord Who is LORD more and more, this spiritual aroma of Christ is even impacting GOD Himself. "For we are to GOD the fragrance of Christ." Yes, GOD is the first one who is impacted by this Christlike fragrance. "For we are to GOD the fragrance of Christ ." We are the Living Sacrifice of worship to HIM.  (Romans 12:1-3)

Our ministry and testimony is always to the LORD. We who believe in Jesus Christ are called to be "proving what is acceptable to the LORD" (Ephesians 5:10). We are not here on earth to please ourselves. "Do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a servant of Christ" (Galatians 1:10). We are here to please GOD. "Brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please GOD" (1Thessalonians 4:1).

What ultimately pleases our heavenly Father is His beloved Son. When the Father looked down from heaven at the baptism of His Son, He exclaimed, "This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased" (Matthew 3:17). When our Father looks down today upon our lives, He wants to enjoy the fragrance of His Son emanating forth from our lives. "For we are to GOD the fragrance of Christ."

Divine Knowledge,
1Sameul 2:1-10 and Psalm 69:5, 139:2 "Hannah prayed and said, "My heart exults in the LORD; my horn is exalted in the LORD. My mouth derides my enemies, because I rejoice in Your salvation. "There is none holy like the LORD: for there is none besides You; there is no rock like our God. Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by Him actions are weighed. The bows of the mighty are broken, but the feeble bind on strength. Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread, but those who were hungry have ceased to hunger. The barren has borne seven, but she who has many children is forlorn. The LORD kills and brings to life; He brings down to Sheol and raises up. The LORD makes poor and makes rich; He brings low and He exalts. He raises up the poor from the dust; He lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and on them He has set the world. "He Will guard the feet of His faithful ones, but the wicked shall be cut off in darkness, for not by might shall a man prevail. The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; against them he will thunder in heaven. The LORD will judge the ends of the earth; he will give strength to his king and exalt the horn of his anointed."

Psalm 69:5-12 "O GOD, You know my folly; the wrongs I have done are not hidden from You. Let not those who hope in You be put to shame through Me, O LORD GOD of Hosts; let not those who seek You be brought to dishonor through Me, O God of Israel. For it is for Your sake that I have borne reproach, that dishonor has covered My face. I have become a stranger to My brothers, an alien to My mother's sons. For zeal for Your house has consumed Me, and the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on Me. When I wept and humbled My soul with fasting, it became My reproach. When I made sackcloth My clothing, I became a byword to them. I am the talk of those who sit in the gate, and the drunkards make songs about Me." (the My and Me here are both the LORD Christ and those who are become One in Him)

Psalm 139:1-6 "O LORD, You have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it."


Isaiah 40:27-31 "Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD, and my right is disregarded by my God"? Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting GOD, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might He increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."


Daniel 2:17-23 "Then Daniel went to his house and made the matter known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions, and told them to seek mercy from the GOD of heaven concerning this mystery, so that Daniel and his companions might not be destroyed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision of the night. Then Daniel blessed the GOD of heaven. Daniel answered and said: "Blessed be the name of GOD forever and ever, to Whom belong wisdom and might. He changes times and seasons; He removes kings and sets up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding; He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him. To You, O GOD of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for You have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of You, for You have made known to us the king's matter."


Matthew 6:5-8 (Jesus is speaking) "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father Who is in secret. And your Father Who sees in secret will reward you. "And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."


1Corinthians 3:18-4:5 and 1John 3:20 "Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is folly with GOD. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their craftiness," and again, "The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile." So let no one boast in men. For all things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, and you are Christ's, and Christ is GOD's. This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries (secrets) of GOD. (Deuteronomy 29:29) Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the LORD Who judges me. Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the LORD comes, Who Will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and Will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from GOD."

1John 3:13-22 "Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you. We know that we have passed out of death into Life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death. Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has Eternal Life abiding in him. By this we know love, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's Love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. By this we shall know that we are of the Truth and reassure our heart before Him; for whenever our heart condemns us, GOD is greater than our heart, and He knows everything. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before GOD; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do what pleases Him."    
Because HE Lives within us we are ONE within Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment