Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Post, The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 2d.01, Spiritual Pride

We are still looking into "spiritual pride," which may or may not be the same as carnal pride depending on who is measuring it and from where they are measuring from. Are they solely measuring from the old standard or from the spiritual standard that began when the LORD Christ ascended and then shortly thereafter returned as the personage of the Holy Spirit. Now don't get your nickers in a wade, I know that the Bible says what maybe said as the opposite but the Spirit is true and does not contradict Himself, does HE?

Spiritual Pride, by way of examples of,


Job 33:9 of 8-12 "Surely You have spoken in my hearing, and I have heard the sound of Your words. You say, 'I am pure, without transgression; I am clean, and there is no iniquity in me.' Behold, He finds occasions against me, He counts me as His enemy, He puts my feet in the stocks and watches all my paths. "Behold, in this you are not right. I will answer you, for GOD is greater than man."


Luke 18:11-12 of 9-14 "Jesus also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 'Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: "God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get." But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, "God, be merciful to me, a sinner!" I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.'"


John 9:41 of 35-10:6 "Jesus heard that they had cast him out, and having found him He said, 'Do you believe in the Son of Man?' He answered, "And who is he, sir, that I may believe in him?" Jesus said to him, 'You have seen him, and it is He who is speaking to you.' He said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped Him. Jesus said, 'For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.' Some of the Pharisees being near Him heard these things, and said to Him, "Are we also blind?" Jesus said to them, 'If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, "We see," your guilt remains. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To Him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear His voice, and He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out. When He has brought out all His own, He goes before them, and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice. (2Corinthians 6:11-7:1 and Revelation 18:4-8) A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.' This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what He was saying to them."


1Corinthians 4:18, 5:2 of 14-5:2, 3-5 "I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through His gospel. I urge you, then, be imitators of me. That is why I sent you Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in the LORD, to remind you of my ways in Christ, as I taught them everywhere in every church. Some are arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. But I will come to you soon, if the LORD wills, and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people but their power. For the kingdom of GOD does not consist in talk but in power. What do you wish? Shall I come to you with a rod, or with love in a spirit of gentleness? It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. Are you so arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our LORD in Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the LORD."


Revelation 3:17 of 15-17 (Christ the LORD is speaking) "'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. I Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold (today we would calls these liberals, the party of the left), I will spit you out of My mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment