Friday, June 21, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as revealed in Galatians 2:1; with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Okay, Paul is finally accepted by the Council in Jerusalem but how well does that go, lets take a look at what he has to reveal shall we. Keep in mind that these characters were stuck in Judaism up to their eyeballs. They had not progressed in their learn by the Holy Spirit that is to say the Spirit of Christ within them very far, because they remained bound up by religion and its legalisms. The very things that all true believers struggle against still to this very day, when they are led by the Holy Spirit just as Jesus said!


Galatians 2:1-10 "Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain. But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised: And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles): And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do." (KJV)

Galatians 2:1-10 "Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along with me. I went up because of a revelation and set before them (though privately before those who seemed influential) the gospel that I proclaim among the Gentiles, in order to make sure I was not running or had not run in vain. But even Titus, who was with me, was not forced to be circumcised, though he was a Greek. Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you. And from those who seemed to be influential (what they were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality)—those, I say, who seemed influential added nothing to me. On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do." (ESV)

Galatians 2:1-10 "It was fourteen years since that first visit that I went on a special mission to Jerusalem with Barnabas; we deliberately took Titus with us; (.....since he was one of our first fruits in Greece. Remember Barnabas was sent by HQ in Jerusalem to investigate the rumor of Greek converts; instead of returning to Jerusalem to give feedback to the senior Apostles, he went to fetch Paul, knowing his gift as a teacher and revelation of the mystery of Christ in you. [Colossians 1:26 and Acts 11:25-26]) I especially wanted the most senior leadership of the church to hear what I taught the Gentile nations as my revelation and specific emphasis of the Gospel.We decided to meet in private to avoid any possible public controversy. In this way they could best judge for themselves whether, according to their opinion, my ministry had any credibility or not. Our Greek companion, Titus, survived the circumcision scrutiny and wasn't forced to go for the cut! Some disguised Jewish "Friends" secretly sneaked in on us to spy out whether he was circumcised or not! Our liberty in Christ offended them; these spies had one agenda; to enslave us to their legalistic religious bondage! We want you to know that we are sold out to keep the Gospel undiluted for your sakes; had we compromised the message ever so slightly to accommodate their opinion, the whole Gentile world would have felt cheated! We see such a future for the pure gospel in you. The high ranked leaders had nothing to add to my message. I must say that their seniority did not intimidate me in the least. GOD does not judge people on surface value. (The important ones and the unimportant ones are equally esteemed and lved by him. [2Corinthians 5:14-15]) From what I shared with them they acknowledged the accuracy of my message and felt that while Peter's ministry was more directed to the Jews, mine is tailor-made for the Gentile world! They acknowledged that as much as Peter's ministry was sanctioned by GOD to peach to the Jews, my assignment was to evangelize the Gentiles. The so-called pillars of the church, James (the Lord's brother [Galatians 1:19]), Kefas, and John acknowledged my gift in the revelation of the message of grace, and extended their blessing on my work by giving us the right hand of their fellowship. While they concentrated on converting the Jews I was recognized as the one with a message for the Gentiles. Their only request was that we give something to the poor among them which we were keen to do since we already came prepared with gifts. ( Acts 11:29-30) (The Mirror)

Well that was not so bad was it? Until our next visit may the LORD GOD, the GOD of peace be within you and yours through the days and weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment