Thursday, June 20, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in Galatians 1:18; from the standpoint of a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Paul in the first of several letters explains the back ground of his on going struggles with those of unregenerated, non-regensised, and non-renewed mindsets. Though they were filled with GODS Spirit they had not as of his encounters with them have his understanding from GODS vantage point. In chapter two he meets with the council of these followers in Jerusalem, after a fifteen year break, as we shall shortly see.


Galatians 1:18-24 "Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. And they glorified God in me." (KJV)

Galatians 1:18-24 "Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord's brother. (In what I am writing to you, before God, I do not lie!) Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. And I was still unknown in person to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. They only were hearing it said, "He who used to persecute us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy." And they glorified God because of me." (ESV)


Galatians 1:18-24 "Then three years later I ventured into Jerusalem, specifically to meet with [1]Kefas. I ended up staying with him for two weeks. (In [1] Aramaic the word, "rock" is (G2786) kefas, and in Greek it is (G4074) petros. Here Paul calls Peter Kefas in order to emphasize the meaning of his name rather than the familiar sound of Peter. Jesus said that the revelation of humanity's true identity and origin is the rock foundation of the Ekklesia, literally original identity is from ek, the preposition denoting origin and kaleo, to surname. [This we have looked at earlier.] Matthew 16:13-18; Isaiah 51:1; Deuteronomy 32:18; 1Peter 2:5 and 1Kings 6:7 ) During this time I did not see any of the other Apostles except James, the younger brother of Jesus. (Saul (Paul), Peter (Kefas) and James shared a vital revelation; all three of them discovered their original identity beyond their natural birth: "From now on, we no longer know anyone according to the flesh," says Paul in 2Corintihains 5:16. "Simon son of Jonah, flesh and blood did not reveal to you that as the son of man, I am the Christ, the Son of GOD; now that you know who I am, allow me to introduce you to you! I say that you are Mr. Rock; a Chip of the old Block. [Matthew 16:17-18] James speaks about the effect of the Word as discovering the reflection of the face of our birth as in a mirror there! Rescuing us from our forgetfulness! "We have forgotten what manner of people we are!"


During the three years of Jesus' ministry none of his Friends believed in him, [John 7:5] But in 1Corinthians 15:7, Paul specifically mentions the fact that Jesus also appeared to James after his resurrection. Suddenly it dawns on James that the Father of light bithed humanity by the eternal Word of Truth; the word that became flesh and died humanity's death and Who co-raised humanity into newness of life in his resurrection. If anyone hears this word they see the face of their birth as in a mirror! As Peter later admitted, "We were born anew when Jesus was raised from the dead!" [1Peter 1:3] The word that was is our genesis. [James 1:17-18, 23-24] ) I'm not writing this to trick you into anything; this is really how I started off preaching this gospel. After my brief visit to Jerusalem, I travelled the regions of Syria and Cilicia. None of the Judean Christian churches knew me face to face. They only heard the rumors that the fierce opponent of their cause was now proclaiming the very Gospel he once endeavored to eradicate. Consequently they recognized GOD's approval of my life and acknowledged GOD in me." (The Mirror)


Until our next visit, may the LORD reveal our true identity of restored sonship.

No comments:

Post a Comment