Monday, June 10, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 2Corinthians 11:1; with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Well now, Paul is about to reveal the false Apostles, but we can include all religions of this world order as many of today are finding out. So let see what he has to say. And then as become our custom we shall look again with clear eyes and unblurd thought.


2Corinthians 11:1-7, 8-11 "Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent(G3789) beguiled(G1818) Eve through his subtilty(G3834), so your minds should be corrupted(G5351) from the simplicity(G572) that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles. But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely? I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service. And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself. As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop(G4972) me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia. Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth." (KJV)

2Corinthians 11:1-7, 8-11"I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. But I am afraid that as the serpent(G3789) deceived(G1818) Eve by his cunning(G3834), your thoughts will be led astray(G5351) from a sincere and pure devotion(G572) to Christ. For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough. Indeed, I consider that I am not in the least inferior to these super-apostles. Even if I am unskilled in speaking, I am not so in knowledge; indeed, in every way we have made this plain to you in all things.

Or did I commit a sin in humbling myself so that you might be exalted, because I preached God's gospel to you free of charge? I robbed other churches by accepting support from them in order to serve you. And when I was with you and was in need, I did not burden anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied my need. So I refrained and will refrain from burdening you in any way. As the truth of Christ is in me, this boasting of mine will not be silenced(G4972) in the regions of Achaia. And why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!" (ESV)

2Corinthians 11:1-7, 8-11 This might sound a little foolish, but please bear with me! I feel a divine jealousy for you that you might [1]pine away through the [2]illusion of separation from Christ and that, just like Eve, you might become [3]blurry-eyes and [4]deceived into believing a lie about yourselves. The temptation was to exchange the truth about our completeness (I am) with the idea of incompleteness (I am not) and shame; think that perfection required your toil and all manner of wearisome labor! (The word, [1,G5351] phteiro, means to pine or waste away, to whither. Any idea of separation causes one to whither away in loneliness! The word, [2,G572 from G573 from G1 and the base of G4120] haplotes is from (G1) hama, a particle of union, and (G4120) pleko, to braid or plait together; sometimes translated, simplicity or unmixed. Look at James 1:5 where we find, entwined eyes. The Greek word, [3,G3789 from G3700] ophis, is translated serpent and comes from (G3700) optomai, to gaze, in this case, to present a visual idea through illusion. The word, [4,G1818 from G1537 and G538] exapatao , is from (G1537) ek , source+ (G538) apateo, meaning apathy, as the source of deception, to be without faith, believing a lie about yourself! Hebrews 4:6, "Israel died in the wilderness because of their unbelief." [Both Adam and Israel believed a lie about themselves. (And throughout history this lie has been perpetuated, passed out to each generation of humanity.)] In Numbers 13:33, Joshua 2:11-12, 2Corinthians 4:4] The word, [5,G3834 from G3835 from G3956 and G2041] panourgia , is from(G3956) and G2041) the words, pas, meaning all, and(G2041) ergon, work or toil, where your entire existence is reduced to wearisome labor. This word is often translated, cunning or craftiness. Look at 2Corinthians 4:2, "We have renounced hidden agenda [employing a little bit of the Law in an attempt to "balance" out grace]; we have distanced ourselves from any obscure craftiness to manipulate GOD's word/promises, to make it/them mean what it/they does not say!" ) You will know by the echo within you whether the Jesus someone else preaches is the same Jesus we proclaim to you. You will recognize the same spirit; if it is a different spirit, it is not the same gospel! Why would you politely put up with deception, even if it comes packaged in prominent names and titles! I am not inferior by any calculation to the "Apostles" so highly ranked in your estimation! I am not here to entertain you with my public speaking skills, or to impress you with [1]me, but to impress you with you! It is not in the plausible sounding words of my conversation, it is in what I know to be true about you. This is clearly evident in all of our dealings with you. ( Look at 1Corinthians 2:4, "My message was not with persuasive arguments based on secular wisdom, since my aim was not to point people to me but rather to the powerful working of the Spirit in them." Thayer's Greek definition of [1,G585 from G584] apodeiknumi is to point away from oneself. Previous translations of this word have often given the impression that the great, miracle-working man of GOD would steal the show and entertain the masses! This was so unlike Jesus and Paul! Paul never writes about how many people he healed and brought to faith. His all-consuming concern was that the eyes of our understanding would be illuminated with the revelation of our own redemption leading us to salvation. Note 2Corithinas 10:10 {RSV}, "For they say, 'Paul's letters are weighty and strong, but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech of no account.'") Something doesn't seem to match here -- am I humbling myself in order to elevate you by not putting a price tag on my preaching of GOD's gospel? Am I presenting a distorted picture?

It seems to me that you are taking it for granted that other churches sponsored my ministry to you! Even while I was with you I did not burden you with my personal needs, but received provision from my Macedonian friends. I have no intent to ever be a burden to you! The integrity of my ministry is [1]endorsed by Christ in me and not by human opinion; the same goes for my confident joy even in the regions of Achaia! (The word, [1,G4972 from G4973] sphragizo, to set a mark upon by the impression of a seal or a stamp. Achaia was that part of Greece of which Corinth was the capital.) How is it possible for you to think that i do not love you? GOD knows my heart!" (The Mirror)

Now all I can ask is for all to consider what has been revealed as our measuring rod herein. Now may our LORD and GOD bless you and your in the days and weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment