Monday, October 9, 2023

Christ within You .011

With this post we will begin looking at a new thought of greatest of interests and importance, this taken from a thought shared in my e-Sword Bible Study aid program. This shared by Pastor Heokstra to begin with, but with little editing where and when necessary....as a child of the resurrection and the renewed life and mind/heart by the Holy Spirit. This being taken from Isaiah 50:4-7 at first then I shall the LORD willing bring in the rest that follows, in our next spot.

"Jesus, the Ultimate Example of Faith's Results"

The LORD God has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary . . . The LORD God has opened My ear . . . I gave My back to those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting. For the LORD God will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed. (Isaiah 50:4-7)

In our previous prophetic verse's studies, we have shown that the promised Servants of the Lord would undertake within the guidelines of His Messianic mission through faith in His and our own Heavenly Father. "My God shall be My strength" (Isaiah 49:5). These verses depict Jesus as the ultimate example of faith. Now, in corresponding prophetic passages reveal the blessed consequences of our trusting in the Lord Jesus and after His ascension the LORD of Lords. Herein, we see Jesus as the ultimate example of the Father's faith results. It is this very "faith" that our Father exhibits within us all who follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

Once again, the prophetic properties that are the Messiah's become ours by our and His Heavenly Father. The confessions of Jesus (trusting the Father) comprise the prophetic statements. "The LORD God has given Me the tongue of the learned." Jesus was "discipled" day by day by the Father (certainly using, in part, His and our godly parents). "The LORD God has opened My ear." This equipped Jesus to minister to burdened lives: "that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary." In fact, people are amazed in general at the manner in which He and we also speak. "So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth" (Luke 4:22).

As Jesus would trusted the Father, He would also be prepared for the mounting difficulties that He would face. "I gave My back to those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting." In His and our approaching the cross, these prophecies of Jesus (and the enablement He found through depending upon the Father) were fulfilled. "Then they spat in His face and beat Him; And others struck Him with the palms of their hands" (Matthew 26:67). Though He knew all of this awaited Him before He came, for His humanity and to Jerusalem that last time, He put His faith in the Father. "For the LORD God will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed." The Father helped Him as He does us all. Still He marched on resolutely to keep His redemption (not to be mixed with salvation, as these two have slightly different meanings and purposes) appointment at the cross (as we are the children of the resurrection and ascension). "Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem" (Luke 9:51). These are the wonderful consequences of Father's faith.

Father, Your Son, my Savior, was prepared, strengthened, sustained, and used through faith in You. I need to experience in my own life these same blessed results of Your faith. Please build my trust into Your faith, more and more, for Your glory and service, Amen.

As stated we are looking at this from the viewpoint of our re-birthing this of our origin and identity through the co-processes of death, decent into the pit, burial, resurrection and ascension from which we gain the benefit of a renewed mind/heart; While we travel here on earth as pilgrims awaiting our calling out (salvation, not redemption) from among them of darknesses grip. The hardest part is our willingness to accept our own passing from death's grip into eternal life again and this by the Holy Spirit restored, reconstituted within us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment