Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Our Spiritual Richness

Over the years of this blog we have discovered that man in his humanism is first and foremost a spirit being of active receptiveness be it from the light of GOD his creator or that of Satan as the fallen lead angel of light (the first in line as a major is the first in rank and line over those who follow after as in a column), as the prince of darkness and all manor of deception as the evil one. As the fallen angel of light he was cast out of heaven and ended up on of all places planet earth. He was a lair and murdered from the beginning we are told by Jesus. Then we found out when man ate of the forbidden fruit mans being was taken over by Satan in subjection him in slavery as he became mans new lord and the law of sin and death took over mans humanism in the flesh as mans outer court. When this took place the Spirit of GOD within man, His Spirit covered mans spirit with a type of shell as a protective casting as a safe guard against the days of evil reign. These days no man knows of their ending as this remains a secret held closely to GOD. All that said today I will again look at another aspect of mans walk this time it will be before GOD as GOD's agents. But first Pastor Hoekstra and his teaching on Grace and our accessing Grace by Faith in the Faithfulness of GOD just as the Lord Jesus did in His own earthly walk as our examples. Then making good use of the ESV translation and under the LORD's watchfulness I will look at mans walking before GOD.


"Contrasting Consequences of Accessing Grace through Faith"


"Women received their dead raised to life again. And others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection." (Hebrews 11:35)


"This verse serves as a transition from blessings that were enjoyed through trusting in the LORD to difficulties that were endured by depending upon the LORD. Herein, we see contrasting consequence of accessing Grace through faith. The blessings we may somewhat expect. The difficulties may seem to us "unusual."


Even the blessing of resurrected loved ones is not surprising to be found in the history of GOD's people, since we serve a GOD of resurrection power. Elijah understood this. Consequently, he did not balk when he knew that the LORD wanted him to be an instrument of resurrection. This miracle of GOD's Grace would occur in the home of a widow who was supplying food for the prophet. "The son of the woman who owned the house became sick. And his sickness was so serious that there was no breath left in him" (1Kings 17:17). This faithful widow was distressed and perplexed. "So she said to Elijah, 'What have I to do with you, O man of God? Have you come to me to bring my sin to remembrance, and to kill my son?' " (1Kings 17:18). In most situations, prayer would have been appropriately offered for the strength and comfort of the remaining family. However, Elijah was led to cry out to the LORD for the boy. "O LORD my GOD, I pray, let this child's soul come back to him" (1Kings 17:21). The LORD confirmed that this was His will by raising the deceased son. "Then the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back into him, and he revived" (1Kings 17:22).


This miraculous blessing was brought forth by faith in GOD. Yet, faith in the LORD does not always result in such temporal blessings, as the contrasting conclusion to our verse documents. "And others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection." Living by faith is the general context of this chapter ("By faith . . . By faith . . . By faith" — Hebrews 11:3-5). It is also the immediate context of our verse ("who through faith" — Hebrews 11:33). These "others [who] were tortured" were also living by faith. Their faith in GOD would work for them an eternal blessing, to be enjoyed at the final resurrection of the righteous.


We can embrace this same outlook. "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18). Meanwhile, we can be learning to live by resurrection power: "that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection (Philippians 3:10)."


Walk before GOD,


Genesis 17:1-8 "When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am GOD Almighty; walk before Me, and be blameless, that I may make My covenant between Me and you, and may multiply you greatly." Then Abram fell on his face. And GOD said to him, "Behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be the father of a multitude of nations. No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings shall come from you. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be GOD to you and to your offspring after you. And I will give to you and to your offspring after you the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God."

1Kings 2:1-4 "When David's time to die drew near, he commanded Solomon his son, saying, "I am about to go the way of all the earth. Be strong, and show yourself a man, and keep the charge of the LORD your God, walking in His ways and keeping His statutes, His commandments, His rules, and His testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn, that the LORD may establish His word that He spoke concerning me, saying, 'If your sons pay close attention to their way, to walk before Me in faithfulness with all their heart and with all their soul, you shall not lack a man on the throne of Israel.'"

2Kings 20:1-7 "In those days Hezekiah became sick and was at the point of death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him and said to him, "Thus says the LORD, 'Set your house in order, for you shall die; you shall not recover.'" Then Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, saying, "Now, O LORD, please remember how I have walked before You in faithfulness and with a whole heart, and have done what is good in Your sight." And Hezekiah wept bitterly. And before Isaiah had gone out of the middle court, the word of the LORD came to him: "Turn back, and say to Hezekiah the leader of My people, Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears. Behold, I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD, and I will add fifteen years to your life. I will deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria, and I will defend this city for My own sake and for My servant David's sake." And Isaiah said, "Bring a cake of figs. And let them take and lay it on the boil, that he may recover."


Psalm 56:8-13 "You have kept count of my wonderings; put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book? Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call. This I know, that GOD is for me. In GOD, Whose word I praise, in the LORD, Whose word I praise, in GOD I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me? I must perform my vows to You, O GOD; I will render thank offerings to You. For You have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before GOD in the light of life."


Psalm 116:5-11 "Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; our GOD is merciful. The LORD preserves the simple; when I was brought low, He saved me. Return, O my soul, to your rest; for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling; I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living. I believed, even when I spoke: "I am greatly afflicted"; I said in my alarm, "All mankind are liars."

No comments:

Post a Comment