Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Our Spiritual Richness

The standard of Christ in GOD and GOD in Christ was raised to a new level last night in America as the Nations Geographic's turned blood red over that of the blue. America by repentance gained a new dimension, now the work really begins to raise the standards all across the land as One Nation under GOD, again. In yesterdays blog, I looked at our spiritual fruit. Today I will look at spiritual fruitfulness as it is enjoined. For the promised kingdom (day) of Christ is Now. (Colossians 1:13) But first Pastor Hoekstra and his teaching on Grace as seen in David and Samuel both being classified righteous. A distinction given by GOD to His own. Then I will turn to my topic for today, with all being accomplished through the LORD, in other words in His name of Christ. As two walking in agreement. He the stronger and me the weaker.


"David and Samuel — by Faith"


"Time would fail me to tell . . . also of David and Samuel." (Hebrews 11:32)


"Our divinely inspired author sensed that time was running out in his epistle to elaborate upon the faith of Gideon, Barak, Samson and Jephthah. He was also impressed to record that time was not sufficient to include specific testimony about the faith of David and Samuel. This is surprising, since they would be viewed by many as likely candidates for extensive consideration.


David was such a notable man of faith. He faced the giant Goliath by faith. "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts' " (1Samuel 17:45). When Saul wanted to destroy him, David entrusted the King into the hands of the LORD. "Let the LORD judge between you and me, and let the LORD avenge me on you. But my hand shall not be against you" (1Samuel 24:12). He confidently confessed the LORD as his strength, his joy, and his comprehensive salvation. "The LORD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation" (Psalm 118:14). He even turned to the LORD in humble dependency at the lowest spiritual point in his life (after he sinned tragically in adultery and murder). "Have mercy upon me, O GOD, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the multitude of Your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin" (Psalm 51:1-2).


Samuel was another notable man of faith. He began to trust in the LORD as a young boy. "Then the LORD came and stood and called as at other times, 'Samuel! Samuel!' And Samuel answered, 'Speak, for Your servant hears' " (1Samuel 3:10). Then, he grew spiritually and faithfully served the LORD throughout the nation of Israel. "So Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him and let none of his words fall to the ground. And all Israel from Dan to Beersheba knew that Samuel had been established as a prophet of the LORD" (1Samuel 3:19-20). Also, he courageously rebuked King Saul for not fully carrying out his instructions from GOD to destroy the Amalekites. "Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, He also has rejected you from being king" (1Samuel 15:23).


David and Samuel were outstanding servants of the LORD. However, the noteworthy distinction in their lives was the same spiritual factor that caused some men of lesser renown to be listed here as well — faith. "For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah" (Hebrews 11:32).


Spiritual Fruit, enjoined,


Matthew 3:7-10 "For when John the baptist saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not presume to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father,' for I tell you, GOD is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham. Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."

John 15:12-17 (Jesus is speaking) "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in (through) My name (being conjoined to Him Who Is), HE may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another."

Romans 7:4-6, 7-12 and 2Corinthians 9:6-15 "Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another (as slaves of Satan to do his bidding, but now), to Him Who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for GOD. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the Law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are released from the Law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

What then shall we say? That the Law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the Law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the Law had not said, "You shall not covet." (Exodus 20:17, Deuteronomy 5:21) For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the Law, sin lies dead. I was once alive apart from the Law, but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died (in death is separation from). The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me. For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me (the operation of deception in our members). So the Law is holy, and the commandment is Holy and righteous and good."

2Corinthians 9:6-15 "The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for GOD loves a cheerful giver. For GOD is able to make all His Grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written, "He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever." (Psalm 112:9) He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. (Hosea 10:12) You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to GOD. For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to GOD. By their approval of this service, they will glorify GOD because of your submission that comes from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others, while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing Grace of GOD upon you. Thanks be to GOD for His inexpressible gift!"


Philippians 1:3-11 and 4:15-20 "I thank my GOD in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that HE Who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of Grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. For GOD is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of GOD."
Philippians 4:15-20 "And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit. I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to GOD. And my GOD will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our GOD and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen."


Colossians 1:9-14 "So, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the LORD, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of GOD. May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. HE has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in Whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." [This ties the shares provided written by Norman Grubbs together.]

No comments:

Post a Comment