Monday, June 5, 2017

The Revelation of Christ hidden as a mystery part 5

I am recapping the things of GOD which He keep secret for ages within Himself until the times of refreshing took effect through His instrument of this great transformation. First spoken of in Genesis 3:15 and then enhanced in 12:3 and elsewhere throughout scripture. To accomplish this transformation of the incarnation of God. GOD had to Himself be placed within mans flesh as a secret, this He did first in the flesh of His son, the old testament LORD, both being but One Spirit. (Romans 12:2, 2Corinthians 3:18) For He being Spirit is light, life, grace and truth or Immanuel plus Messiah that is to say Christ. The Law having put on mans flesh to dwell among men. For Romans 8:9 states that those who have not the Spirit of GOD in Christ are none of His, and so it is. This was the revelation that Saul saw on the Damascus road (Acts 9:3-9). And so I will continue to use the ESV translation and as the LORD Christ within me gives more insight to His word I will without hesitance add it as is my custom.


The Mystery of Christ:


Romans 16:17-20, 20-21, 23-24, 25-27 "I urge to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid and turn away from them. For such persons do not serve our LORD Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naïve. For your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, but I want you to be wise as to what is good and innocent as to what is evil. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus who is Himself Christ be with you.
Timothy, my fellow worker, greets you; so do Lucius and Jason and Sosipater, my kinsmen. I Tertius, who wrote this letter, greet you in the LORD.
Gaius, who is host to me and to the whole church, greets you. Erastus, the city treasurer, and our brother Quartus, greet you.
Now to Him Who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus in Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith— to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus (who Himself was filled with the fullness of) Christ! The Amen."


1Corinthians 2:1-5, 6-13, 14-16 "I Paul, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. For, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him (Isaiah 64:4, 65:17)"— these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit Who is GOD, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
For natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. For Isaiah states this in 40:13, "For who has understood the mind of the LORD so as to instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ."


Ephesians 1:3-14 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as He chose us in Himself before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He having predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus (Who Himself was the instrument of)  Christ, according to the purpose of GOD's will, to the praise of His glorious grace, with which He has blessed, given us in the Beloved. In Him (Christ in Jesus) we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of GOD's grace, which GOD lavishes upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of His (plan and purposes of) will, according to His purpose, which He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth. Through Him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of GOD Who works all things according to the counsel of His will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of His glory. Through Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed and received Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, Who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory."


Ephesians 3:1-13 "For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ in Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace that was given to me for you,  how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. For when you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed through His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ through this gospel. Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God's grace, which was given me by the working of His power. To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the Church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. This was according to the eternal purpose that HE has realized in Christ through Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in Christ. So I ask you not to lose heart over what I am suffering for you, which is to your glory."


Colossians 1:21-23, 24-2:4, 5 "Although you were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, GOD has now reconciled in the body of flesh by Christ Jesus' death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before Him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of His body, that is, the Church, of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known, the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed through His saints.  To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Him, that is Christ we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature (complete) in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all His energy that He powerfully works within me. For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I say this in order that no one may delude you with plausible arguments.
For though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ."


Colossians 4:1, 2-4 "Masters, treat your bondservants justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master (LORD) in heaven.
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison— that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak."


1Timothy 3:14-16 "I, Paul, hope to come to you soon, for I am writing these things to you so that, if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of the truth. For great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment