Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The Secrets and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 13b

My next area is found in this passage of 1Corinthians 15 dropping down to verses 42-49 which states this; "So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being;" (in Genesis 2:7) the last Adam (in Romans 5:14) became a life-giving spirit. (in Romans 6:57f, 8:2) But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. (Genesis 3:15) The first man was from the earth, a man of dust (John 3:31), earthy (Genesis 2:7, 3:19); the second man is from heaven. (John 5:21) As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. (Philippians 3:20f) Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust (Genesis 5:3), we also bear the image of the man of heaven (Romans 8:28-30)."
For the present there are three areas that I want to look at, these are Jesus as (Deuteronomy 18:15-22 [18-20]) the agent Who introduces Christ to the world, Christ's mission, He as the divine messenger and His heavenly origin.


His Mission, 

Matthew 5:17-19 (Jesus is speaking) "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill (satisfy) them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."




Matthew 20:24-28 "When the ten heard it, they were indignant at the two brothers. But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many."


Luke 4:40-43 "Now when the sun was setting, all those who had any who were sick with various diseases brought them to Jesus, and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them. And demons also came out of many, crying, "You are the Son of God!" But He rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that He was the Christ. And when it was day, He departed and went into a desolate place. And the people sought Him and came to Him, and would have kept Him from leaving them, but He said to them, 'I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.'"


Luke 12:49-53 (Jesus is speaking) "I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled! I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is My distress until it is accomplished! Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division. For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."


Luke 19:1-10 "Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. And behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus. He was a chief tax collector and was rich. And he was seeking to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was small in stature. So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was about to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and said to him, 'Zacchaeus, hurry and come down, for I must stay at your house today.' So he hurried and came down and received Him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all grumbled, "He has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner." And Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, "Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor. And if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I restore it fourfold." To this Jesus said to him, 'Today salvation has come to this house, since he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.'"


John 3:16-21 (Jesus is speaking) "For God so loved the world, that HE gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved (redeemed, to make whole, healed) through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment: that light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."


John 9:35-41  "Now Jesus heard that they had cast him out, and having found him He said, 'Do you believe in the Son of Man?' He answered, "And who is he, sir, that I may believe in him?" Jesus said to him, 'You have seen Him, and it is He Who is speaking to you.' He said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped Him. Jesus said, 'For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.' Some of the Pharisees near Him heard these things, and said to Him, "Are we also blind?" To this Jesus said to them, 'If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, 'We see,' your guilt remains.'"


John 10:1-10 (Jesus is speaking) "'Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear His voice, and He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out. When He has brought out all His own, He goes before them, and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice. A stranger they will not follow, for they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.' This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what He was saying to them. So Jesus again said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."


John 12:44-50 "And Jesus cried out and said, 'Whoever believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him Who sent Me. And whoever sees Me sees Him Who sent Me. I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes Me may not remain in darkness. If anyone hears My words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save (deliver) the world. The one who rejects Me and does not receive My words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. For I have not spoken on My own authority, but the Father Who sent Me has Himself given Me a commandment—what to say and what to speak. And I know that His commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told Me,'" (Deuteronomy 18:18-20)


John 18:33-40 " So Pilate entered his headquarters again and called Jesus and said to him, "Are you the King of the Jews?" To this Jesus answered, 'Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about Me?' Pilate answered, "Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered you over to me. What have you done?" Jesus answered, 'My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But My kingdom is not from the world.' Then Pilate said to Him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to My voice.' Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, "I find no guilt in him. But you have a custom that I should release one man for you at the Passover. So do you want me to release to you the King of the Jews?" They cried out again, "Not this man, but Barabbas!" Now Barabbas was a robber."


1Timothy 1:12-17 "I thank Christ Who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our LORD, because He judged me faithful, appointing me to His service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our LORD overflowed for me with faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. For I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display His perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe Him for Eternal Life. To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only GOD, be honor and glory forever and ever the Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment