Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 13b x5

Continuing with the revelation of Deuteronomy 18:18-20's warning concerning the seed of man hearing the words of GOD spoken through His Christ in the prophet Jesus, who was much more than a mere prophet because of the Christ in Him. This seed of GOD remains in all of humanity like any other seed placed on a shelf without being planted. Now for GOD's witness of His Spirit in Jesus.


The Father Bears Witness, of divine proportions,

Matthew 3:13-17 "Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" But Jesus answered him, 'Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.' (Psalm 40:7-8) Then he consented. And when Jesus was baptized, immediately He went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and John saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on Him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, 'This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.'" 


Matthew 17:1-8 with John 5:32, 37 "After six days Jesus took with Him Peter and James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. And He was transfigured before them, and His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became white as light. And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with Him. And Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good that we are here. If You wish, I will make three tents here, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah." He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, 'This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to Him.' (confirming Deuteronomy 18:18-20) When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces and were terrified. But Jesus came and touched them, saying, 'Rise, and have no fear.' And when they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only."

John 5:30-32, 37-38 (Jesus is speaking) "'I can do nothing on My own. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I seek not My own will but the will of Him who sent Me. If I alone bear witness about Myself, My testimony is not true. There is another who bears witness about Me, and I know that the testimony that HE bears about Me is true....... The Father Who sent Mme has Himself borne witness about Me. His voice you have never heard, His form you have never seen, and you do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe the One Whom HE has sent.'"


John 8:12-20 "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.' So the Pharisees said to him, "You are bearing witness about yourself; your testimony is not true." To this Jesus answered, 'Even if I do bear witness about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going, but you do not know where I came from or where I am going. You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, My judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father Who sent Me. In your Law it is written that the testimony of two people is true. I am the one who bears witness about Myself, and the Father Who sent Me bears witness about Me.' They said to him therefore, "Where is your Father?" Jesus answered, 'You know neither Me nor My Father. If you knew Me, you would know My Father also.' These words He spoke in the treasury, as He taught in the temple; but no one arrested Him, because His hour had not yet come."


1John 5:4, 5-12 "For everyone who has been born of GOD overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcomes the world—our faith.
Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? This is He Who came by water and blood—Jesus (the anointed agent of) Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the Truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree. If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of GOD is greater, for this is the testimony of GOD that HE has borne concerning His Son. Whoever believes the Son of God, has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe GOD has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that GOD has borne concerning His Son. And this is the testimony, that GOD gave us Eternal Life, and this Life (Christ) is in His Son. Whoever has the Son has Life; whoever does not have the Son of GOD does not have (this) life.


Some Divine names ascribed to Christ,

Beloved Son: Matthew 3:17, 12:18; Make 1:11; Ephesians 1:6; Colossians 1:13; Hebrews 5:5.
Son of GOD: Matthew 2:15, 3:17; Make 1:1; Luke 1:35; John 1:34, 3:18, 10:36; Acts 9:20; Hebrews 10:29; 1John 4:15.
King of Kings: 1Timothy 6:15; Revelation 1:5, 17:14, 19:16.

The LORD willing my next topic is Christ's Preexistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment