Monday, May 28, 2018

The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 20.02

We are established by His Faith at work within us and with it comes our own fidelity which is our next topic of interest. By way of reminder there is a principal within the context of scripture and a law if you will, that deals with the first rule of use and that is why many things use the old and the new to verify all things as the month that speaks the Word to us.

Our Fidelity,

Some examples of, To GOD,

Numbers 12:7 of 1-8 "Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman. And they said, "Has the LORD indeed spoken only through Moses? Has HE not spoken through us also?" And the LORD heard it. Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all people who were on the face of the earth. And suddenly the LORD said to Moses and to Aaron and Miriam, 'Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting.' And the three of them came out. And the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the tent and called Aaron and Miriam, and they both came forward. And HE said, '"Hear My words: If there is a prophet among you, I the LORD make Myself known to him in a vision; I speak with him in a dream. Not so with my servant Moses. For He is faithful in all My house. With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in riddles, and he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against My servant Moses?'"


Numbers 14:24 of 20-25 "Then the LORD said, 'I have pardoned, according to your word. But truly, as I live, and as all the earth shall be filled with the glory (grace) of the LORD, none of the men who have seen My glory and My signs that I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and yet have put Me to the test these ten times and have not obeyed My voice, shall see the land that I swore to give to their fathers. And none of those who despise Me shall see it. But My servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land into which he went, and his descendants shall possess it. Now, since the Amalekites and the Canaanites dwell in the valleys, turn tomorrow and set out for the wilderness by the way to the Red Sea.'"


1Kings 19:18 of 15-18 "The LORD said to him, 'Go, return on your way to the wilderness of Damascus. And when you arrive, you shall anoint Hazael to be king over Syria. And Jehu the son of Nimshi you shall anoint to be king over Israel, and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abel-meholah you shall anoint to be prophet in your place. And the one who escapes from the sword of Hazael shall Jehu put to death, and the one who escapes from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha put to death. Yet I will leave seven thousand in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him.'"


Nehemiah 7:2 of 1-4 "Now when the wall had been built and I had set up the doors, and the gatekeepers, the singers, and the Levites had been appointed, I gave my brother Hanani and Hananiah the governor of the castle charge over Jerusalem, for he was a more faithful and God-fearing man than many. And I said to them, "Let not the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun is hot. And while they are still standing guard, let them shut and bar the doors. Appoint guards from among the inhabitants of Jerusalem, some at their guard posts and some in front of their own homes." The city was wide and large, but the people within it were few, and no houses had been rebuilt."


1Corinthians 4:17 of 14-5:5 "I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel. I urge you, then, be imitators of me. That is why I sent you Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in the LORD, to remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach them everywhere in every congregation. Some are arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. But I will come to you soon, if the LORD wills, and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people but their power. For the kingdom of GOD does not consist in talk but in power. What do you wish? Shall I come to you with a rod, or with love in a spirit of gentleness? For it is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, I have decided to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the LORD."


Colossians 1:7 of 3-8 "We always thank GOD, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints, because of the hope laid up for you in heaven. Of this you have heard before in the word of the truth, the gospel, which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and increasing—as it also does among you, since the day you heard it and understood the grace of GOD in truth, just as you learned it from Epaphras our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf and has made known to us your love in the Spirit."


Colossians 4:9 of 2-4, 5-9 "Continue steadfastly in all prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that GOD may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison—that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak.
Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Tychicus will tell you all about my activities. He is a beloved brother and faithful minister and fellow servant in [of] the LORD. I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are and that he may encourage your hearts, and with him Onesimus, our faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They will tell you of everything that has taken place here."


Revelation 17:14 of 7, 8-14 "The angel said to me, "Why do you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman, and of the beast with seven heads and ten horns that carries her.
The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come. This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated; they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while. As for the beast that was and is not, it is an eighth but it belongs to the seven, and it goes to destruction. And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received royal power, but they are to receive authority as kings for one hour, together with the beast. These are of one mind, and they hand over their power and authority to the beast. They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for HE is LORD of lords and King of kings, and those with Him are called and chosen and faithful." 

Divine Nearness to GOD, some general references to,

Psalm 16:8 of 5-6, 7-11 "The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; You hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
I bless the LORD Who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me; because HE is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let Your holy one see corruption. You make known to me (as a law) the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."


Psalm 34:18 of 15-18; 119:151 of 145-152 "The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and His ears toward their cry. The face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth. When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."

Qoph.
Psalm 119:151 of 145-152 "With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O LORD! I will keep Your statutes. I call to You; save me, that I may observe Your testimonies. I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in Your Words. My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on Your promises. Hear my voice according to Your steadfast love; O LORD, according to Your justice give me of Your life. They draw near who persecute me with [wickedness of] evil purpose; they are far from Your law (the true path of life). But You are near, O LORD, and all Your commandments are true. Long have I known from Your testimonies that You have founded them forever."


Psalm 145:18 of 17-21 and Isaiah 50:8 of 4-11 "The LORD is righteous in all His ways and kind in all His works. The LORD is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear Him; HE also hears their cry and saves them. The LORD preserves all who love Him, but all the wicked HE will destroy. My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD, and let all flesh bless His [secret and hidden] Holy name forever and ever."

Isaiah 50:8 of 4-11 "The LORD God (YHWH usually rendered LORD) has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning HE awakens; HE awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The LORD God has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious; I turned not backward. I gave my back to those who strike, and my cheeks to those who pull out the beard; I hid not my face from disgrace and spitting. But the LORD God helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame. For HE who vindicates me is near. Who will contend with me? Let us stand up together. Who is my adversary? Let him come near to me. Behold, the LORD God helps me; who will declare me guilty? Behold, all of them will wear out like a garment; the moth will eat them up. Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the voice of His servant? Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his GOD. Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who equip yourselves with burning torches! Walk by the light of your fire, and by the torches that you have kindled! This you have from My hand: you shall lie down in torment."


Jeremiah 23:23 of 16-22, 23-24 "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD. They say continually to those who despise the Word of the LORD, "It shall be well with you;" and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they say, "No disaster shall come upon you." For who among them has stood in the council of the LORD to see and to hear His word, or who has paid attention to His word and listened? Behold, the storm of the LORD! Wrath has gone forth, a whirling tempest; it will burst upon the head of the wicked. The anger of the LORD will not be turned back until HE has executed and accomplished the intents of His heart. In the latter days you will understand this clearly. 'I did not send the prophets, yet they ran; I did not speak to them, yet they prophesied. But if they had stood in My council, then they would have proclaimed My words to My people, and they would have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their deeds.'
'Am I a GOD at hand,' declares the LORD, 'and not a God far away? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the LORD. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the LORD.'"


Acts 17:27 of 22-31 "So Paul, standing in the midst (council) of the Areopagus, said: "Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious. For as I passed along and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, 'To the unknown god.' What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you. The GOD Who made the world and everything in it, being LORD of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, nor is HE served by human hands, as though HE needed anything, since HE Himself gives to all mankind (the law of life and true path way for) life and breath and everything. And HE made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek GOD, and perhaps feel their way toward Him and find Him. Yet HE is actually not far from each one of us, for (in Job 12:10 and Daniel 5:23) "'In Him we live and move and have our existence of being;' as even some of your own poets have said, "'For we are indeed His offspring.' Being then GOD's offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man. The times of mans ignorance GOD overlooked, but now HE commands all people everywhere to repent, because HE has fixed a day on which HE will judge the world in righteousness by a man Whom HE has appointed; and of this HE has given assurance to all by raising Him from the dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment