Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 21

We are about to explore the mystery of Godliness as spoken of in 1Timothy 3:16 of 14-16 "I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these things to you so that, if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of GOD, which is the Church (also known as the Body of Christ and House of GODS endwelling and Family as one unit of His Faith) of the living GOD, a pillar and buttress of the truth. Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory."
Paul here speaks as if in a third person looking at what is not known nor seen or as King David did when speaking as if in the person of Christ speaking to the Father. Jesus Himself eluded to this revelation in the following passages as a fuller revelation;

Fuller Revelation,

John 13:7 of 1-11 "Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end. During supper, when the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray Him, Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from GOD and was going back to GOD, rose from supper. He laid aside His outer garments, and taking a towel, tied it around His waist. Then He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel that was wrapped around Him. He came to Simon Peter, who said to Him, "Lord, do you wash my feet?" Jesus answered him, 'What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.' Peter said to Him, "You shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered him, 'If I do not wash you, you have no share with Me.' Simon Peter said to Him, "LORD, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!" Jesus said to him, 'The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not every one of you.' For He knew who was to betray Him; that was why He said, 'Not all of you are clean.'"


John 16:12-13 of 12-15 (Jesus is speaking) "'I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of Truth comes, HE will guide you into all the truth, for HE will not speak on His own authority, but whatever HE hears he will speak, and HE will declare to you the things that are to come. HE will glorify Me, for HE will take what is Mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is Mine; therefore I said that HE will take what is Mine and declare it to you.'"


1Corinthians 13:12 of 8-14:5 "Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy (teach divine revelation). For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to GOD; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up."

No comments:

Post a Comment