Thursday, December 17, 2015

Discovering the Great and Precrious Promises of GOD (affliction)

Today I will return to the term Affliction or Afflicted as I did not finish the first installment on this study which we started on November the 30th. And I will continue to make use of the ESV Bible. And as a reminder keep it in the back of your mind that all things from the LORD. And His ascension on throughout mans history from that moment on is spiritual for all except the earthy and worldly soul. As it is a prerequisite of  mans being Redeemed in preparation for his entering into GODS Salvation.


Afflicted:
Job 11:13-20  "If you prepare your heart, you will stretch out your hands toward him. If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away, and let not injustice dwell in your tents (your heart and home). Surely then you will lift up your face without blemish; you will be secure and will not fear. You will forget your misery; you will remember it as waters that have passed away. And your life will be brighter than the noonday; its darkness will be like the morning. And you will feel secure, because there is hope; you will look around and take your rest in security. You will lie down, and none will make you afraid; many will court your favor. But the eyes of the wicked will fail; all way of escape will be lost to them, and their hope is to breathe their last."


Brighter days:
Psalm 30:1-5, 6-9, 10-12 "I will extol you, O LORD, for You have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried to You for help, and You have healed (restored) me. O LORD, You have brought up my soul from Sheol (depression and deep despair); You restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit. Sing praises to the LORD, O you His saints, and give thanks to His Holy name. For His anger (afflictions) is but for a moment, and His (Grace and many) favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

As for me, I said in my prosperity, "I shall never be moved." By Your Grace, O LORD, You made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face; I was dismayed. To You, O LORD, I cry, and to the LORD I plead for mercy: "What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it tell of Your faithfulness? 


Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me! O LORD, be my helper!" You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing Your praise and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever!"


Deliverance:
Psalm 34:14, 15-18, 19-22 "Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and His ears toward their cry. The face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth. When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken. Affliction will slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. The LORD redeems the life of His servants; none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned."

Divine Care in Sickness:

Psalm 41:1-3 "Blessed is the one who considers the poor! In the day of trouble the LORD delivers him; the LORD protects him and keeps him alive; he is called blessed in the land; You do not give him up to the will of his enemies. The LORD sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness You restore him to full health."     

Psalm 50:7-15, 16-21, 22 "Hear, O My people, and I will speak; O Israel, I will testify against you. I am God, your God. Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you; your burnt offerings are continually before Me. I will not accept a bull from your house or goats from your folds. For every beast of the forest is Mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is Mine. "If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and its fullness are Mine. Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats? Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."
But to the wicked God says: "What right have you to recite My statutes or take My covenant on your lips? For you hate discipline, and you cast My words behind you. If you see a thief, you are pleased with him, and you keep company with adulterers. "You give your mouth free rein for evil, and your tongue frames deceit. You sit and speak against your brother; you slander your own mother's son. These things you have done, and I have been silent; you thought that I was one like yourself. But now I rebuke you and lay the charge before you.

"Mark this, then, you who forget God, lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver! The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies Me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the Salvation of God!"

Psalm 94:8-11, 12-16 "Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise? He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see? He Who disciplines the nations, does He not Rebuke? He Who teaches man knowledge— the LORD—knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Blessed is the man whom You discipline, O LORD, and whom You teach out of Your law, to give him rest from days of trouble, until a pit is dug for the wicked. For the LORD will not forsake His people; He will not abandon His heritage; for justice will return to the righteous, and all the upright in heart will follow it. Who rises up for me against the wicked? Who stands up for me against evildoers?"

Psalm 138:4-6, 7-8 "All the kings of the earth shall give You thanks, O LORD, for they have heard the words of Your mouth, and they shall sing of the ways of the LORD, for great is the glory of the LORD. For though the LORD is high, He regards the lowly, but the haughty He knows from afar.

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life; You stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand delivers me. The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me; Your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of Your hands."


Comfort in the Presence of GOD:
Isaiah 48:1-7 "Hear this, O house of Jacob, who are called by the name of Israel, and who came from the waters of Judah, who swear by the name of the LORD and confess the God of Israel, but not in truth or rightness. For they call themselves after the holy city, and stay themselves on the God of Israel; the LORD of Hosts is His name. "The former things I declared of old; they went out from My mouth, and I announced them; then suddenly I did them, and they came to pass. Because I know that you are obstinate, and your neck is an iron sinew and your forehead brass, I declared them to you from of old, before they came to pass I announced them to you, lest you should say, 'My idol did them, my carved image and my metal image commanded them.' "You have heard; now see all this; and will you not declare it? From this time forth I announce to you new things, hidden things that you have not known. They are created now, not long ago; before today you have never heard of them, lest you should say, 'Behold, I knew them.'"


An Eternal Home:
John 14:1-6, 7 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going." Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment