Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Discovering the Great and Precrious Promises of GOD (afflictions continued)

Continuing with what is considered as an unwelcomed obstacle and problem, because of the supposed evils of affliction. GOD in His infinite wisdom uses a supposed problem and obstacle to correct mans direction. One of the best illustrations of this is when after leaving Egypt the people of GOD wanted to return to Egypt rather than follow Moses to the lands of promise. GOD caused a negative on their part to manifest in Moses to develop and produce a man of righteousness who intercede for Israel to what could have been his own eternal pearl. All this said turning still to our afflictions with a better understanding what they are and how they are used to direct us to GODS ultimate end our Salvation. As it states in many places within the scriptures, "Hear what the Spirit is saying." To do so we must of necessity have cleansed our selves from our former way of life to acquire GODS.

Affliction:
Job 11:13-20 "If you prepare your heart, and stretch out your hands toward Him; If iniquity be in your hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in your tabernacles. (your body is the tabernacle spoken of here) For then shall (will) you lift up you face without spot; yes, you shall be steadfast, and shall not fear: Because you shall forget your misery, (afflictions) and remember it as waters that pass away: And your age shall be clearer than the noonday; you shall shine forth, you shall be as the morning. And you shall be secure, because there is hope; yes, you shall dig about you, and you shall take your rest in safety. Also you shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid; yes, many shall make suit to you. But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost."

Brighter Days:
Psalm 30:1-5  In this Psalm David states the following: "I will extol You, O LORD; for You have lifted me up, and have not made my foes to rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried to You, and You have healed (You are my physician) me. O LORD, You have brought up my soul from the grave (dispare within me): You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing to the LORD, O you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His Holiness. For His anger endures but a moment; in His favour (delight) is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."Deliverance:
Psalm 34:18, 19-22 "The LORD is near to them that are of a broken heart; and saves such as be of a contrite spirit.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD deliveres him out of them all. He keeps all his bones: not one of them is broken. Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. The LORD redeems the soul (spirit) of His servants: and none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate."
 

Divine care in Sickness:
Psalm 41:1-3, 4  "Blessed is he that considers the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble. The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies. The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: You will make all his bed in his sickness.
I said, LORD, be merciful to me: heal my soul (spirit); for I have sinned against You."

Psalm 50:13-15, 16 "Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats? Offer to God thanksgiving; and pay your vows to the most High: And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and You shall (will) glorify Me.
But to the wicked God said, What have you to do to declare My statutes, or that you should take My covenant in your mouth?"

Psalm 94:12-15 "Blessed is the man whom You chastened, O LORD, and teach him out of Your law; That You may give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be dug for the wicked. For the LORD will not cast off His people, neither will He forsake His inheritance. But judgment shall return to righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it."

Psalm 138:6, 7-8 "Though the LORD be High, yet has He respect to the lowly (contrite of heart): but the proud He know afar off.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me: You shall stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand shall save me. The LORD will perfect that which concerns me: Your mercy, O LORD, endures for ever: forsake not the works of Your own hands."

Comfort comes from GODS Presence:
Isaiah 43:1-7, 8 "But now said the LORD that created you, O Jacob, and He that formed you, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you: when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour: I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for you. Since you are precious in My sight, you have been honorable, and I have loved you: therefore will I give men for you, and people for your life. Fear not: for I am with you: I will bring your seed from the east, and gather you from the west; I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring My sons from far, and My daughters from the ends of the earth; Even every one that is called by My name: for I have created him for My glory, I have formed him; yes, I have made him.
Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears."

An Eternal Home:
Jesus is here speaking: John 14:1-6, 7 "Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. Where I go you know, and the way you know. Then Thomas said to Him, Lord, we know not where You go; and how can we know the way? Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man comes to the Father, but by (through) Me.
If you had known Me, you should have known My Father also: and from henceforth you know HIM, and have seen HIM."

No comments:

Post a Comment