Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Our Divine Spiritual Richness

Do not forget that we are still looking into Amos 3:3's statement of, can two walk together accept they be in accord having agreed, paraphrased. Todays targeted area is still within our acquiring knowledge of Christ, today I am putting the shoe on the other foot. I will look into Jesus' knowledge of the Father, as our example. And then example's of man receiving knowledge of GOD. But first Pastor Hoekstra and his teaching on Grace as seen in Noah's faith to do as he was directed in the building of the ark. Then I will move on into the knowledge of the Father as expressed by Jesus using the ESV translation. All being done under the hand of my LORD and Savior Who is my Salvation.


"Noah Building an Ark, by Faith"


"By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith." (Hebrews 11:7)


"At times, the LORD asks His people to engage in assignments that seem to make no sense at all. Perhaps, it is a task that we have never undertaken. Perhaps, it is preparation for a problem that we have never encountered previously. One of the most profound examples from such categories was Noah building an ark, by faith. His example is profound both in the circumstances that he faced, as well as the extent of the impact of his faithful response.


The extreme wickedness of humanity was the setting. "Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" (Genesis 6:5). A worldwide flood would be man's deserved judgment. "So the LORD said, 'I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth . . . I Myself am bringing the flood of waters on the earth' " (Genesis 6:7, 17). Noah was an upright man who lived in close fellowship with the LORD. He would be graciously delivered. "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. . . . Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with GOD" (Genesis 6:8-9).


To build an ark for a monumental flood must have appeared absurd in a world that had never experienced such a phenomenon. Nonetheless, Noah fully accepted this divine admonishment, even though he had never witnessed what GOD was warning about. "By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen . . . prepared an ark." His faithful obedience was motivated by holy respect for the LORD and for all of His pronouncements: "moved with godly fear." What is not revealed is the name to Noah's grandfather, Methuselah, as the revealing of what was to take place shortly after his death. We as restored by light spiritual beings have these things revealed to us by the Holy Spirit as promised, in the teachings of all things concerning Christ.
 

The consequences of his labor of faith were far-reaching. His own family was saved: "prepared an ark for the saving of his household (of which there were 8 persons)." By Noah's godly trust, the rest of the world was condemned for their ungodliness and unbelief: "by which he condemned the world." Noah himself became numbered among those who illustrate that the LORD's righteousness is received by trusting Him: "and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith." Additionally, he became a reminder of being ready for the return of the LORD. "But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be" (Matthew 24:37).

Christ's Knowledge of the Father,

Matthew 11:25-27 "Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, LORD of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was Your gracious Will. All things have been handed over to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him."

John 7:25-31 "Some of the people of Jerusalem therefore said, "Is not this the man whom they seek to kill? Here He is, speaking openly, and they say nothing to Him! Can it be that the authorities really know that this is the Christ? But we know where this man comes from, and when the Christ appears, no one will know where He comes from." So Jesus proclaimed, as He taught in the temple, "You know Me, and you know where I come from. But I have not come of My own accord. He Who sent Me is true, and Him you do not know. I know Him, for I come from Him, and HE sent Me." So they were seeking to arrest Him, but no one laid a hand on Him, because His hour had not yet come. Yet many of the people believed in Him. They said, "When the Christ appears, will He do more signs than this man has done?"

 John 8:31-33, 34-38 "Jesus said to the Jews who had believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." They answered Him, "We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, 'You will become free'?"
Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are offspring of Abraham; yet you seek to kill Me because My word finds no place in you. I speak of what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have heard from your father."


John 10:11-18 (Jesus is speaking) "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know My own and My own know Me, just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father."

John 17:25-26 "O righteous Father, even though the world does not know You, I know You, and these know that You have sent Me. I made known to them Your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which You have loved Me may be in them, and I in them."


Examples of men learning and taking Possession of,

Daniel 1:17 "As for these four youths, God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams."


Acts 7:17-29 "But as the time of the promise drew near, which GOD had granted to Abraham, the people increased and multiplied in Egypt until there arose over Egypt another king who did not know Joseph. He dealt shrewdly with our race and forced our fathers to expose their infants, so that they would not be kept alive. At this time Moses was born; and he was beautiful in GOD's sight. And he was brought up for three months in his father's house, and when he was exposed, Pharaoh's daughter adopted him and brought him up as her own son. And Moses was instructed in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and he was mighty in his words and deeds. "When he was forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brothers, the children of Israel. And seeing one of them being wronged, he defended the oppressed man and avenged him by striking down the Egyptian. He supposed that his brothers would understand that GOD was giving them salvation by his hand, but they did not understand. And on the following day he appeared to them as they were quarreling and tried to reconcile them, saying, 'Men, you are brothers. Why do you wrong each other?' But the man who was wronging his neighbor thrust him aside, saying, 'Who made you a ruler and a judge over us? Do you want to kill me as you killed the Egyptian yesterday?' At this retort Moses fled and became an exile in the land of Midian, where he became the father of two sons."

Acts 22:3-5 "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated at the feet of Gamaliel according to the strict manner of the Law of our fathers, being zealous for GOD as all of you are this day. I persecuted those of the Way to the death, binding and delivering to prison both men and women, as the high priest and the whole council of elders can bear me witness. From them I received letters to the brothers, and I journeyed toward Damascus to take those also who were there and bring them in bonds to Jerusalem to be punished."

No comments:

Post a Comment