Monday, July 10, 2017

The Revelation of Christ hidden as a mystery carry a warning, part 12

My next topic of choice is found under the heading of Stewardship," in the Bible I am using to follow this warning of Deuteronomy 18 through. Now some might say that we are no longer under the band of the old testament with it does and don't of the outward Law given through Moses for the rebellious house of Israel. This would be true if it where not for Who it reveals and speaks of which include the whoever's, whosever's and everyone else for all of humanity is the subject here. There are no barriers that divide as a means of separation nor is there a particular religion spoken of other than the implied religion of Judaism because of  the people, Israel. So the next topic is Accountability as being our stewardship of responsibility for all. But first Stewardship is the main theme of this topic and the severity of its speaking, for it carries its own warning. It also reveals that Christ was carried in Jesus as He was the host of the Spirit of Christ in His flesh for the purpose of death like the death that brought separation, which took place in the first Adam. This is especially so in 1Peter 4:1. which states this paraphrased, "Therefore, since Christ has suffer in the flesh of Jesus death, arm yourselves by suffering in the flesh thereby ceasing to sin." Then making use of the ESV translation as always and the LORD should He interject a thought.


The Warning:


Deuteronomy 18:15-22 "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let me (us) not hear again the voice of the LORD my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.' And the LORD said to me, 'They are right in what they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put My words in His mouth, and He shall (will) speak to them all that I command Him. And whoever will not listen to My words that He will speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.' And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?'— when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him."


Stewardship of Life,


Truths to be Remembered in Relation to,


 The Diversity of Gifts,


Matthew 25:14-21 Jesus is speaking. "For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.' His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'"


Men are Stewards, Not Owners,


Luke 19:11-27 "As they heard these things, He proceeded to tell a parable, because He was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. He said therefore, "A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, 'Engage in business until I come.' But his (chosen) citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We do not want this man to reign over us.' When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. The first came before him, saying, 'Lord, your mina has made ten minas more.' And he said to him, 'Well done, good servant! Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.' And the second came, saying, 'Lord, your mina has made five minas.' And he said to him, 'And you are to be over five cities.' Then another came, saying, 'Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.' He said to him, 'I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?' And he said to those who stood by, 'Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.' And they said to him, 'Lord, he has ten minas!' 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.'"

Faithfulness Required,


1Corinthians 4:1-5 "This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the LORD Who judges me. Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the LORD comes, Who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God."

Life Precious,


1Corinthians 6:12-20 with Ephesians 6:7 "All things are lawful for me," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be dominated by anything. "Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food"—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the LORD, and the LORD for the body. And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by His power (authority). Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall (will) I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute (harlot)? Never! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, "The two will become one flesh." (Genesis 2:24) But he who is joined to the LORD becomes one spirit with Him. Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God (is the Spirit of Christ) in your body."

Ephesians 6:5-8 "Bondservants, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will (plan and purposes) of God from the heart, rendering service with a good will as to (through) the LORD and not to man, knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the LORD, whether he is a bondservant or is free."


A Secret Treasure for the Kept,


1Timothy 6:20-21 with 2Timothy 1:14 "O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called "knowledge," for by professing it some have swerved from the faith. For Grace is within you."
2Timothy 1:8-14 "Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power (authority) of God, Who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works (of religion nor of religious obedience) but because of His own purpose and grace, which He gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,  and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, Who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through this gospel, for which I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher, which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know Whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit Who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you."


Ministering as Stewards,


1Peter 4:7-11 "The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To Him belongs glory and dominion forever and ever. The Amen."
The next post, the LORD willing will cover our Accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment