Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Revelation of Christ hidden as a mystery carry a warning, part 17

I am about to close this study of the hidden things of Deuteronomy 18:15-22 in this post and I have already been asking the LORD-God what He requires of me next. And the good LORD willing I will step up to His requirement what ever passages of scripture that He will require. For this post I will use the ESV translation and if the LORD adds to it I will do so there and then. There are many understudy topics that I could look into such as, written with a purpose, the standard of faith, the study of enjoined (commanded), is the seed corn of the sower, profitable for instruction, the ignorance of brings perilousness, among other things.


The Warning: 


Deuteronomy 18:15-22 "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let me (us) not hear again the voice of the LORD my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.' And the LORD said to me, 'They are right in what they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put My words in His mouth, and He will speak to them all that I command Him. And whoever will not listen to My words that He will speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.' And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?'— when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

The Sacredness of GOD's Word:


Deuteronomy 4:1-4 "And now, O Israel, listen to the statutes and the rules that I am teaching you, and do them, that you may live, and go in and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you. You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you. Your eyes have seen what the LORD did at Baal-peor, for the LORD your God destroyed from among you all the men who followed the Baal of Peor. But you who held fast to the LORD your God are all alive today."

Deuteronomy 12:32 "Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it or take from it."

Proverbs 30:5-6 "Every word of God proves true; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you and you be found a liar."

Revelation 22:18-19, 20, 21 "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

Revelation 22:20 "He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!"

Revelation 22:21 "The grace of the LORD (the supreme authority in) Jesus be with all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment