Wednesday, July 19, 2017

The Revelation of Christ hidden as a mystery carry a warning, part 15

The next targeted topic is found under the heading of False Worship of Idols in this Bible's glossary, with the title of false Gods, which is a subject of our warning of Deuteronomy 18:15-22. In this part of our study I will again use the ESV translation and as is my custom when the LORD gives more insight I will add it. The first target is found in a song of Thanksgiving, of David in 1Chronicles 16:26.


The Warning:


Deuteronomy 18:15-22 "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen—just as you desired of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let me (us) not hear again the voice of the LORD my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.' And the LORD said to me, 'They are right in what they have spoken. For I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put My words in His mouth, and He will speak to them all that I command Him. And whoever will not listen to My words that He will speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.' And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?'— when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.


False Gods,


1Chronicles 16:23-30 "Sing to the LORD, all the earth! Tell of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous works among all the peoples! For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and He is to be feared (revered and reverenced) above all gods. For all the gods of the peoples are worthless idols, for the LORD made the heavens. Splendor and majesty are before Him; strength and joy are in His place. Ascribe to the LORD, O families of the peoples, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength! Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name; bring an offering and come before Him! Worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness; tremble before Him, all the earth; yes, the world is established; it will never be moved."


Isaiah 2:5-11 "O house of Jacob, come, let us walk in the light of the LORD. For You have (abandoned) rejected Your people, the house of Jacob, because they are full of things from the east and of fortune-tellers like the Philistines, and they strike hands with the children of foreigners. Their land is filled with silver and gold, and there is no end to their treasures; their land is filled with horses, and there is no end to their chariots. Their land is filled with idols; they bow down to the work of their hands, to what their own fingers have made. So man is humbled, and each one is brought low— do not forgive them! Enter into the rock and hide in the dust from before the terror of the LORD, and from the splendor of His majesty. The haughty looks of man will be brought low, and the lofty pride of men will be humbled, and the LORD alone will be exalted in that day."


Jeremiah 2:9-1 "Therefore I still contend with you," declares the LORD, and with your children's children I will contend. For cross to the coasts of Cyprus and see, or send to Kedar and examine with care; see if there has been such a thing. Has a nation changed its gods, even though they are no gods? For My people have changed their glory for that which does not profit. Be appalled, O heavens, at this; be shocked, be utterly desolate, declares the LORD,  for My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water."


Jeremiah 11:9-13 "Again the LORD said to me, "A conspiracy exists among the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. They have turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, who refused to hear My words. They have gone after other gods to serve them. The house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken My covenant that I made with their fathers. Therefore, thus says the LORD, Behold, I am bringing disaster upon them that they cannot escape. Though they cry to Me, I will not listen to them. Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry to the gods to whom they make offerings, but they cannot save them in the time of their trouble. For your gods have become as many as your cities, O Judah, and as many as the streets of Jerusalem are the altars you have set up to shame, altars to make offerings to Baal."


Jeremiah 16:17-18, 19-21 "'For My eyes are on all their ways. They are not hidden from Me, nor is their iniquity concealed from My eyes. I will doubly repay their iniquity and their sin, because they have polluted My land with the carcasses of their detestable idols, and have filled My inheritance with their abominations.' O LORD, my strength and my stronghold, my refuge in the day of trouble, to You will the nations come from the ends of the earth and say: "Our fathers have inherited nothing but lies, worthless things in which there is no profit. Can man make for himself gods? Such are not gods!" "Therefore, behold, I will make them know, this once I will make them know My power and My might, and they will know that My name is the LORD."


Daniel 5:1-4 "King Belshazzar made a great feast for a thousand of his lords and drank wine in front of the thousand. Belshazzar, when he tasted the wine, commanded that the vessels of gold and of silver that Nebuchadnezzar his father had taken out of the temple in Jerusalem be brought, that the king and his lords, his wives, and his concubines might drink from them. Then they brought in the golden vessels that had been taken out of the temple, the house of God in Jerusalem, and the king and his lords, his wives, and his concubines drank from themThey drank wine and praised the gods of gold and silver, bronze, iron, wood, and stone."


1Corinthians 8:4-6 "Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that "an idol has no real existence," and that "there is no God but one." For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"— yet for us there is one God, the Father, from Whom are all things and for Whom we exist, and one LORD, Jesus Christ, through Whom are all things and through Whom we exist."


1Corinthians 12:1-3 "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led. Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says "Jesus is (anathema, a worthless idol, such as the Jews did before His ministry and before Pilot, for He displayed the power of Messiah in Him) accursed!" and no one can say "Jesus is Lord (logos of John 1:1 the Word that gives life or Christ)" except (by) in the Holy Spirit."


Galatians 4:8-11 "Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. But now that you have come to know GOD, or rather to be known by GOD, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? You observe days and months and seasons and years! I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain."


The LORD willing I will move next to "sins penalty."

No comments:

Post a Comment