Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Revelation of Christ hidden as a mystery carry a warning, part 12b

Carrying on with my study of the warning of Deuteronomy 18: 15-22 and our calling to the position of being a Steward of the secrets and mysteries of GOD. Realized in Christ as the promised Messiah in Immanuel who became Jesus the agent and host of Messiah which is to say the Spirit of God restored to man. The next area of this topic is our "Responsibility of Stewardship," which I will use the ESV translation to look at. And should the LORD within me open my understanding along the way in this study I will add it.


The Warning:


Deuteronomy 18:15-22 Keep in mind that it is Moses here speaking as the Orator of GOD. "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let me (Us) not hear again the voice of the LORD my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.' And the LORD said to me, 'They are right in what they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put My words in His mouth, and He shall (will) speak to them all that I command Him. And whoever will not listen to My words that He shall (will) speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.' And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?'— when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him."

Stewardship and our Responsibility as Stewards,


Deuteronomy 24:16 "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin."


Job 19:1-6 "Then Job answered and said: "How long will You torment me and break me in pieces with words? These ten times You have cast reproach upon me; are You not ashamed to wrong me? And even if it be true that I have erred, my error remains with myself. If indeed You magnify Yourselves against me and make my disgrace an argument against me, know then that God has put me in the wrong and closed His net about me."


Proverbs 9:7-12 "Whoever corrects a scoffer gets himself abuse, and he who reproves a wicked man incurs injury. Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning. The fear (honor, reverence and respect) of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight. For by me (wisdom) your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life. If you are wise, you are wise for yourself; if you scoff, you alone will bear it."

The Promised New Covenant,
Jeremiah 31:27-30 "Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man and the seed of beast. And it shall come to pass that as I have watched over them to pluck up and break down, to overthrow, destroy, and bring harm, so I will watch over them to build and to plant, declares the LORD. In those days they shall no longer say: "'The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge.' But everyone shall (will) die for his own iniquity. Each man who eats sour grapes, his teeth shall be set on edge."


Ezekiel 18:19-20 with Romans 14:4, Galatians 6:5 "Yet you say, 'Why should not the son suffer for the iniquity of the father?' When the son has done what is just and right, and has been careful to observe all My statutes, he shall surely live. The soul who sins shall (will) die. The son shall (will) not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall (will) be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall (will) be upon himself."
Romans 14:1-4 "As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master (Master) that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the LORD is able to make him stand."

Galatians 6:1-5 "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor. For each will have to bear his own load."

From here the LORD will I will look into the area of "False Prophets" which has subtopics like false teachers and corrupt priests.

No comments:

Post a Comment