Friday, July 7, 2017

The Revelation of Christ hidden as a mystery carry a warning, part 10d

I am continuing with the study of Deuteronomy 18:15-22 and the whosoever, with its warning against those who will not lesson nor accept the word of promise who speaks the words of the LORD. I am going to look next at "Spiritual Dullness" which carries its own condemnation for a negative character in our humanity. And as has become my norm I will use the ESV translation for this study and when the LORD within me gives me more on the passage being used I will add it to it.


Warning:


Deuteronomy 18:15-22 "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.' And the LORD said to me, 'They are right in what they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. And whoever will not listen to My words that He shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.' And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?'— when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.


Spiritual Dullness:

Condemnation,


Psalm 92:5-9 with Isaiah 44:19 and Ezekiel 12:2 "How great are Your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep! The stupid man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this: that though the wicked sprout like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to destruction forever; but You, O LORD, are on high forever. For behold, Your enemies, O LORD, for behold, Your enemies shall perish; all evildoers shall be scattered."

Isaiah 44:18-20 "They know not, nor do they discern, for He has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see, and their hearts, so that they cannot understand. No one considers, nor is there knowledge or discernment in their heart to say, "Half of it I burned in the fire; I also baked bread on its coals; I roasted meat and have eaten. And I shall make the rest of it an abomination? Shall I fall down before a block of wood?" He feeds on ashes; a deluded heart has led him astray, and his soul cannot deliver himself or say, "Is there not a lie in my right hand?"

Ezekiel 12:1-6 "The word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, you dwell in the midst of a rebellious house, who have eyes to see, but see not, who have ears to hear, but hear not, for they are a rebellious house. As for you, son of man, prepare for yourself an exile's baggage, and go into exile by day in their sight. You shall go like an exile from your place to another place in their sight. Perhaps they will understand, though they are a rebellious house. You shall bring out your baggage by day in their sight, as baggage for exile, and you shall go out yourself at evening in their sight, as those do who must go into exile. In their sight dig through the wall, and bring your baggage out through it. In their sight you shall lift the baggage upon your shoulder and carry it out at dusk. You shall cover your face that you may not see the land, for I have made you a sign for the house of Israel."


Luke 12:54-56 "Jesus also said to the crowds, "When you see a cloud rising in the west, you say at once, 'A shower is coming.' And so it happens. nd when you see the south wind blowing, you say, 'There will be scorching heat,' and it happens. You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of earth and sky, but why do you not know how to interpret the present time?"


John 8:39-47 "They answered Jesus, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, but now you seek to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. You are doing the works your father did." They said to Him, "We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God." To this Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of My own accord, but He sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear My word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. Which one of you convicts Me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."

Romans 3:9-18 "What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin, as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one." (Psalm 14:1-3; 53:1-3) "Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive." (Psalm 5:9) "The venom of asps is under their lips." (Psalm 104:3) "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness." (Psalm 10:7) "Their feet are swift to shed blood; in their paths are ruin and misery, and the way of peace they have not known." (Isaiah 59:7f) "There is no fear (reverence, respect nor honor) of God before their eyes." (Psalm 36:1)


Hebrews 5:11-14 "About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You require milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. For solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil."


This is a strong condemnation of those who deny GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment