Friday, August 17, 2018

Continuing with the saga of The Secret of GOD part 3

For just a little while I want to share what the "Word," word means to me. As it has it's own meaning for each of us depending on our theology. Over the years of doing this blog I have used many resources as the LORD led. And HE has drawn me to many passages of scripture and it is from these that I will share what the Word means to me. To begin I will look at Genesis 12 where we find this: Genesis 12:3 of 1-3 "Now the LORD said to Abram, 'Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." 

Next I came to this in Deuteronomy 18 beginning at verse 15: Deuteronomy 18:15, 18-19 of 15-22 "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, "Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die." And the LORD said to me, 'They are right in what they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to My words that he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die. And if you say in your heart, "How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?"— when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.'"

Then most recently came this from Psalm 119: Gimel. Psa 119:19 of 17-24 "Deal bountifully with Your servant, that I may live and keep Your word. Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law (the true course of life). I am a sojourner (stranger, alien) on the earth; hide not Your commandments from me! My soul is consumed with longing for Your rules at all times. You rebuke the insolent, accursed ones, who wander from Your commandments. Take away from me scorn and contempt, for I have kept Your (witness, also called) testimonies. Even though princes sit plotting against me, Your servant will meditate on Your statutes. Your testimonies are my delight; they are my counselors."

Then there is this: Matthew 11:29 of 25-27, 28-30 "At that time Jesus declared, 'I Thank You, Father, LORD of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was Your gracious will. All things have been handed over to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him. (John 17)
Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.'"

Then there came upon me this: John 12:24 of 20-26 "Now among those who went up to worship at the feast (Passover) were some Greeks. So these came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and asked him, "Sir, we wish to see Jesus." Philip went and told Andrew; Andrew and Philip went and told Jesus. And Jesus answered them, ' Now the hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. For, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there will My servant be also. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.'"

Next in scriptural line come this: 2Corinthians 6:14-15 of 11-13, 14-7:1, 7:2-4 "We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians; our heart is wide open. You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted (constricted) in your own affections. In return (I speak as to children) widen your hearts also.

The Temple of the Living God

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living GOD; as God said (in Exodus 29:45 of 38-46; Leviticus 26:12 of 1-13; Jeremiah 31:1; Ezekiel 37:27 of 24-28), 'I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (by Isaiah in 52:11 of 11-12; Revelation 18:4 of 4-8) Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, (in 2Samuel 7:14 of 4-17; 1Chronicles 17:13 of 3-15; Isaiah 43:6 of 1-7; Hosea 1:10 of 10-11) and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me,' says the LORD God Almighty." Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear (deep reverence) of GOD.
Make room in your hearts for us. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have taken advantage of no one. I do not say this to condemn you, for I said before that you are in our hearts, to die together and to live together. I am acting with great boldness toward you; I have great pride in you; I am filled with comfort. In all our affliction, I am overflowing with joy."

Then there is this: 2Timothy 4:1c-2 of 1-5 "I charge you in the presence of GOD and of Christ Jesus, Who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: 'preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.' For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."

The next has to do with His words being in my mouth, which relates back to Deuteronomy 18 as shown above. As this was also a promise to me as was His teaching us within our own four walls, this to is seen and known above in Matthew 11:29. Now there are all kinds of passages that we have looked into over the years as we learn of Him Who IS. Least of all is Romans 12:1-2 which is this as I begin each day; Romans 12:1-2 "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
To this I can add this from Galatians 2: Galatians 2:20 of 15, 16-21 "We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners;
yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the (Mosaic) law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the (Mosaic) law, because by works of the (Mosaic) law no one will be justified. For if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! For if I rebuild what I tore down (the Mosaic Law), I prove myself to be a transgressor. For through the (Mosaic) law I died to the (Mosaic) law, so that I might live to GOD. I have been crucified with Christ (Romans 7's outcome). It is no longer I who live, but Christ Who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of GOD, who loved me and gave Himself for me. For I do not nullify the grace of GOD, for if righteousness were through the (Mosaic) law, then Christ died for no purpose." Then there is this in Colossians 1 beginning at 15 through 20 with emphasis on 19-20: Colossians 1:19-20 of 15-20, 21-23 "He is the image of the invisible GOD, the firstborn of all creation. For in Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through Him and for Him. And HE IS before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And HE IS the head of the body, the church. HE IS the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything HE might be preeminent. For in Him all the fullness of GOD was pleased to dwell, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of His cross.
And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, HE has now reconciled in His body of flesh by His death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before Him (loose the phrase "I am and old sinner saved by grace" No! You are not a sinner but are the righteousness of GOD), if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of this gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister."

What does this all mean, you may ask. The short of it is that the Word has again put on flesh as HE dwells, is housed within us all. Unless we do not have the oil of His anointing, the same Spirit that Jesus was baptized with before entering His ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment